Disability Allowance

Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSA) are grants that you may be entitled to as a new or continuing student in Higher Education to help pay for extra costs that you may have as a direct result of your disability, long-term health condition, or Specific Learning Difficulty (SpLD), such as dyslexia or dyspraxia. If you are eligible, DSA may help with the cost of having a person to support you, such as a note-taker, the cost of specialist study skills support and items of specialist equipment.

Your funding body’s website will have information about applying for DSA which includes information about eligibility and how to make your application. You can usually apply on line, but you may be asked to send your supporting evidence for your application separately by post.

Web addresses for some funding bodies:

When should I apply?

You should apply for DSA as soon as you can.

For further advice and guidance in relation to applying for DSA, please contact Inclusive Services by:
01695 584372 / 584190

Last updated on Last updated on Was this page helpful? Yes NoThanks for your feedback!Please tell us more: