Governance and management of the Institute is served by a Steering Group, chaired by Professor Clare Austin, Associate Dean of the Faculty of Health, Social Care & Medicine; and a Management Group, chaired by Professor Sally Spencer, Director of the Institute. In addition to this there are various cross-University collaborations.
The Steering Group develop and support the strategic aims of the Institute, whilst a combination of both internal and external membership ensures that its activities are of direct relevance to, and are of benefit to, our stakeholders.
• Carole Spencer, Transformation Director, Innovation Agency (Academic Health Science Network, North West Coast)
• Mark Jackson, Deputy CEO, Liverpool Health Partners
• Dr Mumtaz Patel, Associate Dean – Hospital and Community Care, Health Education England
• Dr Sakthi Karunanithi, Director of Public Health, Lancashire County Council
• Judith Mills, Public Health Specialist, Blackpool Council
• Prof Kate Ardern, Director of Public Health, Wigan Council
• Prof Matthew Peak, Director of Research, Alder Hey Children’s NHS Foundation Trust
• Richard Mundon, Director of Strategy and Planning, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust
• Claire Heneghan, Chief Nurse, West Lancashire Clinical Commissioning Group
• Dr Brendan Prescott, Deputy Chief Nurse, South Sefton Clinical Commissioning Group
• Prof Sarah O’Brien, Clinical Accountable Officer, St. Helens and Knowsley Clinical Commissioning Group
• Sharon Bird, Patient & Public Involvement (PPI) representative
The primary aim of the Management Group is to implement Institute strategy, as determined by the Steering Group. Representative of the Institute’s cross-faculty composition, the Group includes academics from across the University who have an interest in health and social care.