Governance and management of the Institute is served by a Steering Group, chaired by Professor Clare Austin, Associate Dean of the Faculty of Health, Social Care & Medicine; and a Management Group, chaired by Professor Sally Spencer, Director of the Institute. In addition to this there are various cross-University collaborations.
The Steering Group develop and support the strategic aims of the Institute, whilst a combination of both internal and external membership ensures that its activities are of direct relevance to, and are of benefit to, our stakeholders.
• Haku Bhatt, Innovation Programme Manager, Innovation Agency (Academic Health Science Network, North West Coast) and Liverpool Health Partners
• Mark Jackson, Deputy CEO, Liverpool Health Partners
• Dr Mumtaz Patel, Associate Dean – Hospital and Community Care, Health Education England
• Prof Kate Ardern, Director of Public Health, Wigan Council
• Richard Mundon, Director of Strategy and Planning, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust
• Prof Sarah O’Brien, Clinical Accountable Officer, St. Helens and Knowsley Clinical Commissioning Group
• George Turner, Service User and Carer representative (PPI)
The primary aim of the Management Group is to implement Institute strategy, as determined by the Steering Group. Representative of the Institute’s cross-faculty composition, the Group includes academics from across the University who have an interest in health and social care.