This 2 day programme is designed to enable health and social care practitioners to explore and develop their understanding of Clinical Supervision and its role in supporting colleagues and improving patient/client care. The 2 day route is a practical introduction to clinical supervision.
This provision will be offered on a bespoke basis to individual Trusts. Please contact the programme lead for advice.
Who is this module for?
Health and social care practitioners.
What will I study?
The programme will utilize a variety of teaching and learning methods which actively involves the participant in the learning experience. The content of the programme includes:
- Defining clinical supervision?
- Qualities and skills of a Supervisor;
- Reflection and reflective practice;
- Model of supervision;
- Group or one-to-one supervision;
- Ethico-legal issues within clinical supervision
- Contracts and record keeping
- The way forward – taking clinical supervision into the practice environment, with DVD scenarios that explore good practice.
On successful completion you will:
- Examine the role of a clinical supervisor in a variety of settings;
- Explore how reflective practice is developed and nurtured in both the clinical supervisor and supervisee;
- Discuss how reflection and reflective practice can be a catalyst for change;
- Explore professional and legal issues which may arise in clinical supervision;
- Explore ethical issues which may arise within clinical supervision and suggest strategies for dealing with them;
- Discuss the professional requirements for record keeping from the perspective of the clinical supervisor and supervisee;
- Consider strategies to enable the concept of clinical supervision to be taken forward within the practice setting.
Study Dates and Venues
Module availability varies from year to year and will be subject to minimum student numbers being achieved. Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Due to the popularity of some modules it may be that the module is fully booked when your application is received. We will include your details on a waiting list and allocate you a place on the next available intake.
For details of how to apply, please visit www.edgehill.ac.uk/health/cpd/apply.
If you have any other queries about studying with us, please see the FAQs www.edgehill.ac.uk/health/cpd/faqs.
For further information on module content please contact Module Coordinator Lai Chan on 01695 650775 or email email@example.com.