This module provides the opportunity for students to learn whilst exploring issues within the workplace/placement area. It will allow students to formulate their own learning outcomes and assessment strategy linked to their chosen subject enquiry.
|Cost:||£1440 for Sept 2019 to July 2020|
Who is this module for?
Individuals who support children or adults with a learning disability.
What are the key aims of the programme?
This module has been designed to enhance the process of recognising learning which has occurred through experience, whilst maintaining academic rigour and integrity.
What will I study?
- Development of a learning contract;
- Formulation of learning outcomes;
- Suitable assessment strategies;
- Identification of appropriate academic and workplace/placement support;
- Identification of teaching strategies;
- Evaluation of positive behaviour support strategies.
How will I be assessed?
7,000 word negotiated project.
On successful completion you will:
- Demonstrate in their work with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities a critical understanding of the factors underlying challenging behaviour;
- Demonstrate the use of applied behaviour analysis to interpret complex behaviours;
- Critically analyse issues relating to the design and implementation of an intervention programme;
- Critically reflect on their achievements in utilising applied behaviour analysis and make recommendations for future developments.
Study Dates and Venues
September 2020 S1 Ormskirk
Venue: Ormskirk Campus
Starts: Fri 11th Sep 2020
Study dates and times are subject to change.
Module availability varies from year to year and will be subject to minimum student numbers being achieved. Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Due to the popularity of some modules it may be that the module is fully booked when your application is received. We will include your details on a waiting list and allocate you a place on the next available intake.
For details of how to apply, please visit www.edgehill.ac.uk/health/cpd/apply.
If you have any other queries about studying with us, please see the FAQs www.edgehill.ac.uk/health/cpd/faqs.
For further information regarding module content, please contact Module Coordinator James Ridley on 01695 657010 or email email@example.com.
This is a compulsory module on the BSc (Hons) Behaviour Analysis and Intervention programme.