This module will explore the role of the Paramedic, enhancing the practitioners' professional knowledge and exploring further their professional and legal obligations when delivering and managing care in the pre-hospital environment.
|Cost:||£680 for Sept 2019 to July 2020|
Who is this module for?
The module is specific to providers of unscheduled care.
What are the key aims of the programme?
- To explore and critically debate the evidence base supporting the development of the paramedic role;
- Critically analyse the impact of Policy and Law on paramedic practice;
- Critically reflect on the challenges of developing the role of the paramedic.
What will I study?
- Policy development and dissemination;
- Law and the practitioner;
- Ethics and decision making;
- Assessment of Capacity;
- National drivers and Regulations;
- Developing the role of the autonomous practitioner;
- Multi and intra professional working;
- The role of the paramedic in the wider health workforce.
How will I be assessed?
A 4,000 word essay, critically analysing and exploring the current and future developments of the Paramedic Practitioner, with emphasis around the issues and challenges that need to be considered.
On successful completion you will:
Understand and critically evaluate policy decisions which impact on your practice. You will have the knowledge and skill to contribute to the development of your profession and will be able to take an active role in enhancing the professions ability to provide evidence based high quality health care. This module also supports your continuing professional development.
Study Dates and Venues
February 2020 S2
Starts: Tue 4th Feb 2020
- Session 1: Tues 4th February 2020, 09.00 am – 1.00pm, Attendance
- Session 2: Tues 11th February 2020, 09.00 am – 1.00pm, Attendance
- Session 3: Tues 18th February 2020, 09.00 am – 1.00pm, Attendance
- Session 4: Tues 25th February 2020, 09.00 am – 1.00pm, Attendance
- Session 5: Tues 3rd March 2020, 09.00 am – 1.00pm, Attendance
- Session 6: Tues 10th March 2020, 09.00 am – 1.00pm, Attendance
- Session 7: Tues 17th March 2020, 09.00 am – 1.00pm, Attendance
- Session 8: Tues 24th March 2020, 09.00 am – 1.00pm, Attendance
- Assignment deadline: Mon, 1st June 2020, 4.00 pm.
Study dates and times are subject to change.
Module availability varies from year to year and will be subject to minimum student numbers being achieved. Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Due to the popularity of some modules it may be that the module is fully booked when your application is received. We will include your details on a waiting list and allocate you a place on the next available intake.
For details of how to apply, please visit www.edgehill.ac.uk/health/cpd/apply.
If you have any other queries about studying with us, please see the FAQs www.edgehill.ac.uk/health/cpd/faqs.
For further information regarding module content, please contact the Module Co-ordinator Rob Deighton on 01695 657682 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This module can be studied on a standalone basis and is an optional module on the BSc (Hons) Clinical and Professional Paramedic Practice programme.