This is a core module within the MSc in Advanced Practice. It is a 15 week module in which teaching and learning is supported by the blended use of BlackBoard and classroom based experiential teaching methods. The module is designed to provide a strong foundation to prepare practitioners to operate safely and purposely at an advanced and increasingly autonomous level within their area of practice.
|Cost:||£680 for Sept 2019 to July 2020|
Who is this module for?
Experienced healthcare practitioners working, or aspiring to work, in 'advanced' clinical roles.
What are the key aims of the programme?
- To equip practitioners understanding of the various professional, legal and ethical demands of working at an advanced level making autonomous clinical decisions;
- To support practitioners to work creatively and innovatively, utilising critical thinking and reflective abilities to promote their own practice development, and improved patient care;
- To support students ability to self direct their own learning.
What will I study?
- Preparation for M level study;
- Characteristics and definitions of an 'advanced practitioner';
- Ethical and legal issues;
- Professional accountabilities;
- Leadership and management of change;
- Therapeutic communication;
- Developing effective interventions with individuals, families and carers.
How will I be assessed?
The academic assessment for the module consists of two elements:
- A 1000 word part one assignment on the drivers for advanced practice;
- A 3,000 word part two assignment based on a peer reviewed assessment.
On successful completion you will:
Have a greater understanding of the systems and frameworks that can be used to support your development as an advanced practitioner, within the context of improving the quality of service provision.
Study Dates and Venues
Module availability varies from year to year and will be subject to minimum student numbers being achieved. Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Due to the popularity of some modules it may be that the module is fully booked when your application is received. We will include your details on a waiting list and allocate you a place on the next available intake.
For details of how to apply, please visit www.edgehill.ac.uk/health/cpd/apply.
If you have any other queries about studying with us, please see the FAQs www.edgehill.ac.uk/health/cpd/faqs.
For further module information, please contact Module Coordinator Angela Whelan on 0151 529 8621 or email email@example.com.
This module is a core module on the MSc Advanced Clinical Practice.