The module invites participants to become a community of practice or enquiry as they reflect upon their experiences of working in departments or organisations where ‘collaboration’ is either encouraged or dismissed. We want participants to use their reflections to identify developments in management and leadership across the different sectors of public, private and not for profit.
|Cost:||£680 for Sept 2019 to July 2020|
Who is this module for?
The module has been designed both for those who aspire to a leadership role in their agency or profession or who occupy a role which is designed to promote and to facilitate greater levels of co-operation and collaboration across different professional boundaries or disciplines.
What are the key aims of the programme?
- Critically evaluate the key ideas and concepts.
- Identify a critical incident within their practice or agency from which they can analyse working in ‘partnership’.
- Critically examine the impact of learning across different boundaries or disciplines.
What will I study?
- Cross organisational/inter-organisational working: Context and Practice.
- Key roles in cross boundary working.
- Managing and Leading Collaboration.
- Examples from private/public/not for profit sectors.
- International examples.
How will I be assessed?
A portfolio including a reflective log; a ‘partnership map’ and a reflective essay (in total 5000 words).
On successful completion you will:
- Critically evaluate key ideas and concepts;
- Critically examine their own practice in the context both of their agency but also the broader context too;
- Assess the necessary pre-conditions for effective partnership working.
Study Dates and Venues
Module availability varies from year to year and will be subject to minimum student numbers being achieved. Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Due to the popularity of some modules it may be that the module is fully booked when your application is received. We will include your details on a waiting list and allocate you a place on the next available intake.
For details of how to apply, please visit the apply page.
If you have any other queries about studying with us, please see the FAQ page.
For further module information, please contact the Module Co-ordinator Amee Yostrakul, on 01695 584476 or email [email protected].
This module can be undertaken as part of the MSc Leadership Development programme.