OverviewCovid-19 - Course Impact Statement
The purpose of this module is to support students in developing the abilities to work independently on a sustained piece of work, a practice advancement project, with the support of an academic supervisor. The nature of the practice advancement/project will be negotiated between the student, the line manager and the Module Leader (Academic Supervisor). There will be four study sessions and the student will be allocated an academic supervisor for individual support.
|Cost:||£1000 for Sept 2020 to July 2021|
Who is this module for?
This is the final module for students for specific programme such as the BSc (Hons) Clinical and Professional Practice and is not available on a standalone basis.
What are the key aims of the programme?
This module seeks to enable the student to use their work base or work context as a focus in order to initiate a change or enhancement in practice.
How Will I Study?
This module normally requires attendance at 4 half-day sessions. Additional sessions can be arranged with your Dissertation Supervisor. The module runs over 2 semesters.
What will I study?
- Change management;
- Literature review;
- Project implementation;
- Support from academic supervisor.
How will I be assessed?
The assessment for this module is a 7,000 word assignment relating to an advancement in practice that the student will have initiated following negotiation with their line manager/mentor in practice and Module Leader.
The assignment will include:
- A literature review relating to the selected subject;
- An analytical account of how the advancement was planned implemented and evaluated with critical analysis of concepts relating to change management and leadership;
- A critical reflection of the impact of the practice advancement with recommendations for practice.
On successful completion you will:
- Critically review and apply best available evidence relevant to the practice context/client group;
- Apply enhanced professional and specialist knowledge and skill relating to the planning, implementation and evaluation of the practice advancement, including leadership and change management strategies;
- Critically reflect upon the impact of the practice advancement and propose recommendations for practice and their personal development.
Study Dates and Venues
Starts: Mon 3rd May 2021
Study dates and times are subject to change.
Module availability varies from year to year and will be subject to minimum student numbers being achieved. Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Due to the popularity of some modules it may be that the module is fully booked when your application is received. We will include your details on a waiting list and allocate you a place on the next available intake.
To apply for this module please access the online application form.
If you have any other queries about studying with us, please see the FAQs www.edgehill.ac.uk/health/cpd/faqs.
For further module information, please contact Module Coordinator Delyth Meirion Owen by calling 01695 657039 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
This module is not available on a standalone basis. This is the final (core) module for the following degree programmes: