This is the final module for the MSc Leadership Development and the MSc Advanced Fertility Practice programme. It has been specifically designed to enable students to consolidate and develop further skills in planning, implementation and evaluation of a small project as well as project report writing. Furthermore the module will enable students to further develop their leadership and change management skills within their own practice.
|Cost:||£1375 From Sept 2019 - July 2020|
Who is this module for?
Postgraduate students completing the MSc Leadership Development, MSc Advanced Practice, MSc Surgical Care Practice or the MSc Advanced Fertility Practice programmes.
What are the key aims of the programme?
The Advanced Practice Project will enable you to consolidate and develop further skills and knowledge gained during previous modules undertaken as part of your MSc pathway. Importantly, the module will teach you how to lead, implement and evaluate the impact of a quality improvement project.
What will I study?
A series of tutor, supervisor and previous student led key-note lectures/seminars will be employed as a forum in which students and supervisors may critically review key issues in relation to individual student projects. Support is provided in relation to the projects development, implementation and evaluation. Topics to be addressed will include:
Project report writing,
Change management and leadership approaches,
Ethical and governance considerations,
Writing an abstract and tips for success
Presentations of successful projects
How will I be assessed?
A detailed written account of your advanced practice project (12,000 words report).
On successful completion you will:
- Critically analyse health and social care situations with a view to improving the quality of intervention within them;
- Collaborate with other health care professionals to examine practice-related issues;
- Identify, plan and implement a small-scale project that will potentially promote service delivery/treatment/develop practice;
- Demonstrate critical consideration of governance issues related to practice development.
Study Dates and Venues
September 2019 S1
Venue: Ormskirk Campus
Starts: Mon 9th Sep 2019
- Session 1: Mon,9th September 2019, 1.00pm – 4.00pm, Attendance
- Session 2: Mon, 21st October 2019, 1.00pm – 4.00pm, Attendance
- Session 3: Mon,18th November 2019, 1.00pm – 4.00pm, Attendance
- Session 4: Mon, 9th December 2019, 1.00pm – 4.00pm, Attendance
- Session 5: Mon, 10th February 2020, 1.00pm – 4.00pm, Attendance
- Session 6: Mon, 16th March 2020, 1.00pm – 5.00pm, Attendance
- Assignment deadline: Monday 18th May 2020, 4.00 pm.
Study dates and times are subject to change.
Module availability varies from year to year and will be subject to minimum student numbers being achieved. Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Due to the popularity of some modules it may be that the module is fully booked when your application is received. We will include your details on a waiting list and allocate you a place on the next available intake.
For details of how to apply, please visit www.edgehill.ac.uk/health/cpd/apply.
If you have any other queries about studying with us, please see the FAQs www.edgehill.ac.uk/health/cpd/faqs.
For further information on module content please contact Module Coordinators Charlotte Moen on 01695 657028 (firstname.lastname@example.org), Lai Chan on 01695 657089 (email email@example.com) or Paul Warburton on 01695 657060 (email firstname.lastname@example.org).
This module is a core module on the following programmes: