On this page
You can collect parcels or ‘signed for’ items from the FM Post Room at the Durning Centre during the following times:
- Monday – Friday during term time: 7:00am – 7:00pm
- Monday – Friday outside term time: 7:00am – 5:00pm
- Saturday during term time: 10:00am – 2:00pm
You will be sent notifications showing availability outside of term dates.
When a parcel or letter which requires a signature arrives for you our post room staff will email you. Please bring your reference number which will be in the subject heading of the email and your Unicard as ID. Please note these items are held for 4 weeks and are returned to sender if not collected within this time.
Ordinary post can be collected from the Durning Centre FM Post Room. Please call in and check for post regularly as anything that is not collected after two weeks will be returned to sender.
Please ensure you use the following address format for any post:
Room Number and Hall
Edge Hill University
St Helens Road
Term Time Postcodes
|Main Building||Clough||L39 4QP|
|Main Building||Stanley||L39 4QP|
|Main Building||John Dalton||L39 4QP|
|Main Building||Lady Margaret||L39 4QP|
|Back Halls||Eleanor Rathbone||L39 4AH|
|Back Halls||EM Butterworth||L39 4AH|
|Back Halls||Katherine Fletcher||L39 4AH|
|Back Halls||Lady Openshaw||L39 4AH|
|Back Halls||Margaret Bain||L39 4AH|
|Forest Court||Willow||L39 4AA|
|Forest Court||Rowan||L39 4AA|
|Forest Court||Beech||L39 4AA|
|Forest Court||Elm||L39 4AA|
|Forest Court||Ash||L39 4AA|
|Forest Court||Cedar||L39 4AA|
|Forest Court||Holly||L39 4AA|
|Forest Court||Larch||L39 4AA|
|Forest Court||Oak||L39 4AA|
|Forest Court||Maple||L39 4AA|
|Founders Court||Matheson||L39 4AL|
|Founders Court||Crosfield||L39 4AL|
|Founders Court||Balfour||L39 4AL|
|Founders Court||Smith||L39 4AL|
|Founders Court||McDairmid||L39 4AL|
|Founders Court||Holt||L39 4AX|
|Founders Court||Feuchsel||L39 4AX|
|Founders Court||Fennemore||L39 4AX|
|Founders Court||Dewhurst||L39 4AX|
|Founders Court||Sinclair||L39 4AL|
|Founders Court||Sarah Yelf||L39 4AL|
|Graduates Court||Pryce||L39 4AN|
|Graduates Court||Normanton||L39 4AJ|
|Graduates Court||Maconie||L39 4AP|
|Graduates Court||Ainsworth||L39 4AR|
|Graduates Court||Annakin||L39 4AQ|
|Chancellors Court||Blake||L39 4AW|
|Chancellors Court||Bradshaw||L39 4AU|
|Chancellors Court||Byron||L39 4AU|
|Chancellors Court||Booth||L39 4AW|
|Chancellors Court||Fulton||L39 4AU|
|Chancellors Court||Milner||L39 4AU|
|Chancellors Court||Pinfold||L39 4AU|
|Chancellors Court||Binns||L39 4AW|
|Chancellors Court||Lord||L39 4AW|
|Chancellors Court||Meadon||L39 4AW|
|Chancellors Court||Boyce||L39 4AW|
|Chancellors Court||Tomkins||L39 4AW|
|Chancellors Court||Williams||L39 4AW|
|Chancellors Court||Wilson||L39 4AW|
|Chancellors Court South||Aitkin||L39 4QP|
|Chancellors Court South||Jenkins||L39 4QP|
|Chancellors Court South||Laverty||L39 4QP|
|Chancellors Court South||Millins||L39 4QP|
|Chancellors Court South||Welch||L39 4QP|
|Palatine||Roscoe Hall||L39 4AU|
|Palatine||Carrington Hall||L39 4AU|
|Palatine||Pankhurst Hall||L39 4AU|
|Palatine||Glazebrook Hall||L39 4AU|
|Woodlands Court||A-Y||L39 4RZ|
Our Commitment to you
Facilities Management will always strive to provide you with an efficient and effective Post Service. We are always open to comments and feedback from you as part of our monitoring process to ensure that our services continue to develop.
- Royal Mail delivers standard mail and items sent via Tracked, Recorded and Special Delivery services to the University, Monday – Saturday. Royal Mail will not deliver on Sundays, public Bank Holidays, and during periods of University closure (eg. Winter holidays.)
- Deliveries made Monday – Friday are processed the same day by Post Room staff; please note that items delivered on Saturdays will not be processed until the next working day, and students are unable to collect these items on the same day.
- Upon arrival, each letter will be dated. Post will be held for a minimum of two weeks from its arrival, before being returned to sender.
Couriered packages, valuable and signed for items
- The Post Room is open to courier deliveries Monday – Friday, 7am – 7pm. Please note that there is currently no provision for weekend deliveries via the Post Room.
- Couriered packages, items believed to have value and items sent via Royal Mail’s Tracked, Recorded or Special Delivery service will be processed through our electronic notification system. For each of these items received, a reference number will be assigned and a notification email will be issued to the recipient informing them of an item needing collection.
- The notification email will contain the reference number, and details concerning collection times, collection requirements and how to contact Post Room staff.
- In most cases, couriered items that arrive will be processed the same day. Please note that there may be a delay in processing items which arrive during the evening or during high-traffic periods.
- Each item will be held for four weeks for collection. These four weeks will be measured from the date of the email being sent. Vacation periods will have no effect on hold time length.
- A reminder email will be sent to the recipient for each item if it has not been collected after a week. This reminder will be repeated after two weeks if the item has not been collected.
- If an item is returned, an email will be send to the recipient. The return address, if available, will be included in this email.
If you have any queries
Please contact the Post Room by phone, 01695 650475 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What you must do
- Collect mail and ‘signed for’ items promptly from the Durning Centre.
- It is your responsibility for ensuring that all your correspondents have your most up to date address. If you move halls, or when you leave campus, you must immediately notify your correspondents of your new address. Examples of your correspondents include your bank, companies you order goods from and the Student Loans Company.
- If you receive post which is not for you, i.e. post from the previous occupant/s of your room, you must return this post, to the Durning Centre
- You must never open post which you believe is addressed to someone else.
- After the Christmas and Easter vacations, please collect any items promptly from the Durning Centre as the hold limit will still apply during vacations.
- When you leave university accommodation, for the summer or otherwise, you must collect any outstanding items from the Durning Centre Post Room before you vacate your hall.
Couriered packages, valuable and signed for items
- When collecting signed for items, always have to hand the reference numbers provided in the subject heading of the notification email.
- Always produce photographic proof of identification (preferably a UniCard) and sign for items when collecting from the Durning Centre.
- You should not order an item to your university address if you won’t be able to collect it within the four week hold time limit.
- If you are on placement and not visiting the university for several weeks, you should order items to the address where you’re staying whilst on placement.
- If you wish to have your signed for item redirected, please follow the instructions within the automated notification email for each item.