There are a range of support services to help and guide you during your time at University with dedicated teams who can provide advice on a wide range of areas:
Library and Learning Services in Catalyst
Library and Learning Services in Catalyst Library and Learning Services help all learners make the best use of their services to support your studies, whether on campus or at a distance.
- Throughout your time at Edge Hill University Library and Learning Services will be available to: Help you find out all about library print and digital resources, library facilities and learning spaces within Catalyst
- Provide academic skills support (UniSkills) at all levels of study from assignment planning to submission and more
- Provide support using IT, accessing WiFi on campus and learning technologies including Learning Edge – the University Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
Student Services Student Services are here to help and guide you during your time at university. There are dedicated teams who can provide advice on a wide range of areas, including:
Accommodation – information relating to on and off-campus accommodation, paying hall fees, and handling any issues in halls.
Campus Life – help to settle in to life on campus, make friends and feel part of the Edge Hill community.
Campus Support (Security) – an out-of-hours support system to ensure you feel safe on campus. You can contact the team out of hours on 01695 584227.
Care Experienced/Estranged Students – support during your time at university through a dedicated contact. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Chaplaincy – pastoral guidance and support for students of all faiths and none, helping to create a welcoming community on campus.
Disability Support – If you have a medical condition, mobility, visual or hearing impairment, mental health support needs or you have an autism spectrum disorder the Inclusion Team are here to provide extra support during your time at Edge Hill. Contact them on email@example.com or click here for more information. If you have a specific learning difficulty (e.g. Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, ADD/ADHD), please contact Library & Learning Services SpLD team firstname.lastname@example.org or visit edgehill.ac.uk/ls/disability-support to find out more.
Money Advice – advice on all money-related matters including student funding, budgeting, and the Student Support Fund.
Transitions – help to navigate the challenges that come with university life, connecting you to support and services to help you succeed.
Wellbeing and Counselling – support for issues that affect your wellbeing, such as anxiety, stress, or feeling overwhelmed as well as access to GP and counselling services.
For further information, visit the Student Services website.
The Careers team aims to help students develop their employability, offering opportunities to learn, gain transferable skills and acquire relevant work experience. We encourage all students to use our services from your first year onwards.
We can help you with the following:
From looking for part-time work to writing your CV, job applications to preparing for interview, we can support you in your search for part-time work. Read more on our website.
Top Tips on finding a part-time job
- Update your CV before starting university.
- Have a look at the Careers website for more useful information and tips
- Consider finding a job on campus – over 1,000 students work on campus, usually on a casual ad hoc basis to fit around their studies. Don’t worry as most of these jobs will only be advertised from Induction week
- Keep an eye on these websites which advertise local jobs, including E4S.
- There are lots of opportunities to work in hospitality roles locally and on campus. Some of these will be seasonal roles. Further advice on part-time work is on the Careers website
Why not boost your CV by volunteering your time? Volunteering can be a route to employment, or a way to try something which may help your future career. It also provides a great opportunity to give something back to the community. Read more on our website.
Find Out More
Once you start at Edge Hill University you will be able to access the following services:
- On-line Vacancy Service
- Appointments (face to face or telephone)
- Email advice
- Information sessions and workshops.
*Please note: You will not be able to access these until Induction Week.