If you receive a place in our on-campus halls of residence, there are a few things you need to take care of before you can move onto campus. Getting the paperwork and financial arrangements sorted before you arrive will make your arrival as relaxing and enjoyable as possible.
- How to apply
- Confirmation and payments
- Packing list
- Buy accommodation packs
- Facebook group
- Get in touch
How to apply
Applications for on-campus accommodation opened on Tuesday 8 January, and if Edge Hill was your Firm Choice, you will receive an email with the subject line ‘Request your place in Halls of Residence’. If you don’t receive this email, please let us know by emailing CatalystEnquiries@edgehill.ac.uk .
If you are studying the BSc (Hons) Operating Department Practice in Manchester, you can search for local accommodation at www.manchesterstudenthomes.com/Accommodation, a free housing service for students.
Confirmation and payments
If you are successful in securing a room in halls, you will receive an email from the Accommodation Team to confirm your room allocation and provide you with your Licence Agreement from 2pm on Monday 25 February. Moving in dates are:
-BSc (Hons) Nursing and MSc Nursing students – Friday 29 March
-BSc (Hons) Operating Department Practice students – Sunday 28 April
Please remember that you must sign your e-licence agreement to confirm your room. You will also need to pay your £150 deposit in full to secure your room and make arrangements to pay for your accommodation. The deadline for these three actions is Monday 4 March (4pm) or five working days from receiving their room offer.
Please note that your initial contract in halls will run to Friday 28 June. You will be offered a contract extension to cover the summer period but this may entail a relocation to a different hall, where you will be located with other nursing students. We will be in touch regarding arrangements for this after you have arrived. You will also be eligible to stay in halls for the 2019/2020 academic year. Again, we will be in touch regarding arrangements for this after you have arrived. Payments are aligned to coincide with your student loan payments.
If you change your mind and decide that you no longer want to accept our room offer, it is important that you notify CatalystEnquiries@edgehill.ac.uk so we can offer your room to another student.
Documents to bring with you:
– Passport, Original Birth Certificate or Driving Licence
– National Insurance number
– Bank details
– Insurance documents – check your parent’s policy. It may include your room, if not arrange cover in advance
– CV and references – so that you are ready to apply for a job.
– Toilet roll
– Laundry bag
– Photos or things that remind you of home
– Paper and pens
Things for your room:
– Duvet and pillows
– Sheets, pillowcases and duvet cover (available to buy on our online store)
– Towels (available to buy on our online store)
– Any extra throws, rugs or cushions you’d like.
Things for the kitchen:
– Cutlery (available to buy on our online store)
– Crockery (available to buy on our online store)
– Cooking utensils (available to buy on our online store)
– Recipe books
– Mugs, tea bags, coffee, milk, sugar
– Bottle/tin opener
– Tea towels and dish cloths
– Saucepans – please note that INDUCTION STYLE SAUCEPANS are provided for students living in Palatine Court, Chancellors South, Chancellors Court, Graduates Court and Founders Court.
Don’t forget to bring:
– Mobile phone and charger
– Laptop and charger
– Toothbrush and toothpaste
– White tack for posters or photos
– Sweets and biscuits – good ice breakers for your new house mates
– Playing cards – great for games on your first night
– DVDs – invite your flatmates to watch a movie
– USB drives
– Coat hangers
– Desktop mirror
– Storage boxes
– TV Licence – visit tvlicencing.co.uk
– Washing liquids or tablets (not powder)
– Extension cable
What NOT to bring:
– Pets – with the exception of assisted dogs that have been agreed in advance
– Food – bring the essentials with you, the University campus is well located to go food shopping with Morrisons, Aldi and B&M nearby
– Candles – you cannot burn candles or incense in your room
– Car – unless you have special circumstances and it has been agreed in advance that you will be able to get a permit
– Electricals – mini fridge, grill, kettle, BBQ
– Furniture – your room will be furnished with a bed, desk, chair, and wardrobe.
Buy accommodation packs
Take advantage of our range of accommodation packs which the university offers as a not-for-profit service. The range of items include; bedding sets, towels, utensils and crockery.
Visit the online store to view the packs and make your order. Any items you order will be delivered directly to your room prior to your arrival, at no extra cost.
The Campus Life team have created official Facebook groups for those of you living our halls of residence, which you can access here. Feel free to use the page to meet each other before you move in, ask any questions and talk about anything relating to life in halls.
Get in touch
If you have any queries around living on-campus, please contact the Accommodation Team on: