If you would like to apply for accommodation , please contact the Accommodation Team directly by calling 01695 650800 or email email@example.com
Please note, you will only be able to apply for accommodation for the duration of your Fastrack programme. However, there will be an opportunity during the programme to apply for accommodation for September.
If you receive a place in our on-campus halls of residence for the duration of the Fastrack programme, there are a few things you need to take care of before you can move onto campus.
Getting the paperwork and financial arrangements sorted before you arrive will make your arrival as relaxing and enjoyable as possible.
- Licence Agreement and Deposit
- Paying for your accommodation
- Moving in
- Packing List
- Purchase accommodation packs
- Food shopping
- Contact the Accommodation Team
Licence Agreement and Deposit
If successful, on Monday 20 May you will receive an email from our Accommodation Team to confirm your room, provide you with your Licence Agreement and tell you how to pay your damage deposit and set up your payment plan. You must e-sign your Licence Agreement, pay your £150 deposit and set up your hall fee payment plan by Monday 27 May. Otherwise, the Accommodation Team will be unable to issue you with your key.
Paying for your accommodation
Your official email will provide details on how to make your payment or to set up recurring card payments using a debit or credit card. You can pay in one of two ways:
- In full, with a 5% discount if you pay the full amount before Monday 27 May
- In three instalments – (Thursday 13 June, Thursday 27 June, Thursday 4 July (if you wish to extend your contract beyond 28 June)
You will be required to set up a hall fee payment plan in this method even if you are able to access funding through the Fastrack Fund. If you are entitled to funding then your payment plan will be subsequently amended or cancelled. You will be notified of this by our Hall Fees Team.
If you decide to pay in full, and subsequently receive an award through the Fastrack Fund, this will only be refunded at the end of your contract with your £150.00 damage deposit. If you have any questions about paying in full or the instalment option you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can move into halls on Sunday 2 June. You can find out more about the arrangements for the day here.
Use our packing list below to make sure you arrive prepared to start your life at university:
Documents to bring with you:
- Insurance documents – check your parent’s or existing house policy. It may include your room. If not arrange cover in advance.
- Toilet roll
- Laundry bag
- Photos or things that remind you of home
- Paper and pens
Things for your room:
- Duvet and pillows
- Sheets, pillowcases and duvet cover (these are available to buy on our online store)
- Towels (these are available to buy on our online store)
- Any extra throws, rugs or cushions you’d like.
Things for the kitchen:
- Cutlery (this is available to buy on our online store)
- Crockery (this is available to buy on our online store)
- Cooking utensils (these are available to buy on our online store)
- Recipe books
- Mugs, tea bags, coffee, milk, sugar
- Bottle/tin opener
- Tea towels and dish cloths
- Saucepans – please note that INDUCTION STYLE SAUCEPANS are provided for students living in Palatine Court, Chancellors South, Chancellors Court, Graduates Court and Founders Court.
Don’t forget to bring:
- Mobile phone and charger
- Laptop and charger
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- White tack for posters or photos
- Sweets and biscuits – good ice breakers for your new house mates
- Playing cards – great for games on your first night
- DVDs – invite your flatmates to watch a movie
- USB drives
- Coat hangers
- Desktop mirror
- Storage boxes
- TV Licence – visit tvlicencing.co.uk
- Washing liquids or tablets (not powder)
- Extension cable.
What NOT to bring:
- Pets – with the exception of assistance dogs that have been agreed in advance
- Food – just bring the essentials with you. The University campus is well located for food shopping with Morrisons, Aldi, B&M and Home Bargains nearby.
- Candles – you cannot burn candles or incense in your room
- Car – unless you have special circumstances and it has been agreed in advance that you will be able to get a permit
- Electricals – mini fridge, grill, kettle, BBQ
- Furniture – your room will be furnished with a bed, desk, chair, and wardrobe.
Purchase accommodation packs
If you are living on-campus then you can take advantage of our range of accommodation packs which the University offers as a not-for-profit service. The range of items include; bedding sets, towels, utensils and crockery.
Visit the online store to view the packs and make your order. Any items you order will be delivered directly to your room prior to your arrival, at no extra cost.
The University campus is well located for food shopping with Morrisons, Aldi, B&M and Home Bargains nearby.
Contact the Accommodation Team
If you have any queries about your accommodation, email email@example.com or call 01695 650800.