We would like to give our overseas students the straightforward option to pay Tuition Fees and Accommodation Fees online in their own currency. Edge Hill University is in partnership with Western Union Business Solutions to enable payments to be made by international bank transfer in a safe and secure manner in your local currency for tuition and accommodation fees.
How do I make a payment through WU GlobalPay for Students?
- Visit our WU GlobalPay for Students gateway at https://student.globalpay.wu.com/geo-buyer/edgehill and complete the simple on-line form (You will need your Student ID to complete the form).
- Choose the amount of money that you are required to pay for your Tuition/Accommodation Fees and select the currency that you wish to pay in.
- You will receive an instant quote of the price in your own local currency. This quote is valid for 72 hours.
- Once you agree to the offer, you can instruct your own bank to transfer the local currency funds (electronically if you wish) to Western Union.
What are the benefits of using WU GlobalPay for Students?
- Pay fees in your local currency
- Avoid fees and international foreign exchange charges from your bank
- Easy to use on smartphones and other mobile devices
- Pay online or by bank transfer
- Rest assured knowing your payments are received in full by the University
- Track your payment status by text and email
- Get price and payment options upfront with a price comparison tool
TUITION FEE SCAMS
Universities are becoming increasingly aware of a large number of tuition fee scams which target international students.
Scammers are contacting students and offering to pay their tuition fees for them at a discounted rate. Once the student has passed on their tuition fees to them, the scammers are then attempting to make payments to the university using stolen/compromised credit card details. These payments may initially be taken but will at a later date be flagged as fraudulent, leaving the student’s fees unpaid and their money in the hands of the scammer.
At Edge Hill we advise all students to make their tuition fee payments directly to Edge Hill University using our authorised payment methods.
To make sure that you are not a victim of a tuition fee scam please remember:
- You should NEVER allow unauthorised people to login to your Edge Hill account to make payments for you.
- Scammers may offer you low exchange rates, or discounts on your fees, and then ask you to pay your tuition fees directly to them – you must ONLY pay tuition fees straight to Edge Hill University through our authorised payment methods.
- Avoid individuals or companies who advertise fee payment services; should their actions be illegal you may still be liable for payment of your fees.
- Contact your bank immediately if you think you’ve been a victim of fraud.
If you have any questions about this, you can contact us:
Email: Salesfirstname.lastname@example.org or call: 01695 657252
If you have any queries about how to pay tuition fees, please contact the International Office.