To kick off this year’s Festival of Ideas, Edge Hill is bringing you its own TED Talk inspired spin-off ‘Edge Talks’. The series of punchy 10-minute talks will be delivered by a variety of inspirational speakers on a topic of their choice under the theme of Renewal.
The Festival of Ideas is programmed by the University’s three Research Institutes, ISR, ICE and HRI, and this year they are joined by the Data Science Research Centre to explore the theme of ‘Renewal: Creativity, Community, Curiosity’.
Talks will be no more than 10 minutes each and encompass a plethora of subject matters showcasing the vast knowledge of our very own academic staff:
- Prof Kim Cassidy – Reimagining High streets as ‘social spaces’ post Covid
- Dr Daniel Sage – A New Social Contract? Universal Basic Income in a Post-Covid Society
- Dr Laura Eastlake – Victorian Sugar
- Dr Hannah Andrews – Biographical Television Drama
- Prof John Sandars – A vision of medical education after the COVID-19 pandemic
- Dr Bhuvaneswari Krishnamoorthy – Renewing and restructuring training in surgical vein harvesting techniques: The CREST trial
- Dr Ardhendu Behera supported by Dr Swagat Kumar – CHARM: Context-aware Human Activity Recognition and Monitoring for Intelligent Vehicles
- Dr Huaizhong Zhang and Prof Marcello Trovati – Land Cover and Land Use Classification using Deep Learning Techniques in Nigeria
This event takes place online.
17.30 Event start
19.30 Event end
Venue: Online (a secure link will be distributed following registration).