This conference will provide you with the opportunity to hear from key experts and leading practitioners Learn more about the Mastery approach in literacy and mathematics Reflect on how interventions can be integrated with a Mastery Approach to ensure success for all pupils.
- Charlie Stripp – Director of the National Centre for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics Teaching for Mastery Mastery of mathematics is something that we want all pupils to acquire. Charlie will explain the rationale of the NCETM’s ‘Teaching for Mastery’ approach and provide us with an overview of their work through Maths Hubs on the Teaching for Mastery Programme.
- Rebecca Cosgrave – Literacy Adviser (team Lead) Babcock Learning and Development Partnership Understanding Rather Than Doing: developing an understanding of mastery in English Whilst ‘mastery’ is most commonly explored in terms of mathematics, its core concepts are equally applicable to English. Rebecca will explore some of the underpinning ideas of a mastery approach and consider how they apply to English and in particular to grammar.
- Professor Dame Alison Peacock – CEO of the Chartered College of Teaching Leadership and Management of Teaching to Mastery The successful adoption and implementation of a mastery approach often requires a fundamental change in teachers’ practice. Dame Alison will explore how school leaders can support teachers to understand this new development and manage the change.
- Andy Tynemouth – ECC National Adviser
- Lisa Bradshaw – Maths Hub Lead for NW3 and Director of St Helens Teaching School Alliance Intervention in the Mastery Context The Every Child Counts team have worked with the NW3 hub to support over 60 schools across the country to develop an integrated strategy for supporting struggling learners when a school adopts a mastery approach to mathematics. Andy and Lisa will outline some of the key ideas behind it.
Places are limited so reserve your place today. Further information is available from the Every Child Counts Team 01695 657133
Programme is available here