Wednesday 14th June 8:30pm
Mixed Media Performance 2
TICKETS are FREE, but booking required
This performance will take place in the Rose Theatre
Something is Different (II) [Miski on teistmoodi (II)] is the concert version of music from “The Swan in Town” exhibition. The piece was originally commissioned for a 16 speaker system:
- Gerhard Lock is a musicologist, composer and musician in Estonia. He is interested in electroacoustic and multimedia possibilities.
Tales from the Dark Interior sets three short stories from James Kelman’s A Greyhound for Breakfast collection. Each tale is recounted by an actor over a live electronic soundscape:
- Stephen Davismoon – composer and sound artist – is Head of Performing Arts and Chair of Contemporary Composition at Edge Hill University. He has written for a wide variety of media.
- Gordon Munro has worked extensively in theatre, television, radio and film since graduating from the RSAMD. He has recently worked with the BBC Philharmonic.
STUCK is an immersive performance, video and sound installation that explores the staging of time and memory. The piece depicts the decline of the artist’s mother from advancing dementia, observing the difficult process of identity loss:
- Julia Griffin ‘tests’ dance/movement vocabulary – exploring, investigating and creating ways of moving through artistic collaboration.
- Helen Newall writes plays, fiction, and makes performance projection and installation work. She interrogates a variety of themes.
In Mixed Media Performance 2, STUCK is performed as a 15 minutes taster piece. The full 45 minutes performance is on Wednesday 28th June 5pm
Book also for Mixed Media 1 performance at 7pm on the same night here
MORE EVENTS! See all Festival of Edge Ideas, including Resonant Edge Listings