‘How can we develop self-improving schools and what are the new demands facing school leadership?’
Director of Primary Education for Bright Futures Educational Trust Gary Handforth, a change leadership specialist is Executive Principal and Director of Primary Education for Bright Futures Educational Trust, a Multi-Academy Trust of nine schools. Prior to this he was the head teacher of two schools in central Manchester.
As Trustee and Senior Partner of Challenge Partners, Gary works with a hub of schools across the North West to design and deliver programmes on a variety of teaching, learning and leadership work.
Gary will reflect on the need for a new type of leadership in the ever-changing educational environment and the move to a Multi Academy Trust system and will consider the following questions:
- What is the current system and what is emerging?
- Is collaboration possible?
- How can the tension between top down systems and self-organising systems be addressed?
- 4.30pm Registration and arrival refreshments
- 5.30pm Talk
- 6.30pm Light buffet and networking opportunities (a chance to share thoughts and ideas with peers and colleagues)
For further details please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org