Science Under the Stars
Join the Primary Science Team on a voyage of scientific discovery…
A free scientific festival of talks, interactive activities and stalls from local and UK organisations.
This exciting free event is intended to be of interest to trainee teachers, University staff and students, teaching professionals, local children and their families.
- Spend time with local expert astronomers discovering the night sky using professional telescopes.
- Explore the Edge Hill Big Science inflatable planetarium.
- Experience a wide range of hands on activities provided by organisations such as Sphere Science and Zoolab.
- Interactive stalls for primary aged children run by our Year 2 Science specialists.
- Network with local providers of scientific educational visits and resources including; ASE (Association for Science Education), BTCV (British Trust of Conservation Volunteers), FACE, PSTT-Primary Science Quality Mark, TTS supplies, Eco-Schools, Primarily Science, ESA (European Space Agency), SHARES, RSPCA, National STEM Learning Centre, United Utilities, West Lancashire Rangers, Martin Mere, CPG books, Discovery Recycling, STARDOME, CLEAPSS and BMFA Flying Models.
- Attend family orientated astronomy talks run by Liverpool Astronomical Society and Daresbury Laboratory.
- Techniquest will host a show about Tim Peake’s current mission to the International Space Station entitled Destination Earth.
- Watch our film The Story of our Stars, created by local school children on the innovative outdoor Lightweight Theatre installation.
During the evening a film made by Impossible Theatre (impossible.org.uk/lightweight) will be projected on a giant inflatable Lightweight outdoor screen. An artistic installation, based on the book The Story of Our Stars by Neal Layton, will show films, drawings, singing and poetry created by local school children. The film charts the historical journey of the discovery of stars, ending with Tim Peake’s mission to the ISS (International Space Station).
No booking needed.
For more information contact Nicky Bolton firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information is available on our facebook page