We are pleased to introduce the conference ‘Inclusion Matters!’, the second of our specialist conferences designed to support your continuing professional development as teachers, trainers and support staff.
The conference offers:
- An insight into the issues and dilemmas linked to inclusion and dyslexia;
- An opportunity to refresh your knowledge and understanding surrounding the debate on inclusion;
- Strategies for effective intervention in the areas most relevant to you from a selection of workshops;
- Practical information combined with up-to-date professional thinking;
- An opportunity to share good practice.
- Teachers and Lecturers
- Support Assistants
- LA Staff
- Head teachers
- Anyone with an interest in Inclusion and dyslexia
- Rita Cheminais – SEN Co-ordinator, OFSTED Inspector, Principal Adviser for SEN and Inclusion and School Improvement Partner.
- Dr Steve Chinn – Independent Lecturer, Writer and Researcher and ex-Head and teacher.
- Neil MacKay – International Freelance consultant and trainer.
- Julie Owen – Assistant Head Ramsay School, Isle of Man
Delegates are asked to indicate on the booking form the two workshops that they wish to attend from the following:
- Neil MacKay – Writing skills for reluctant writers – especially boys – “Kinaesthetic strategies for getting it down on paper”
- Steve Chinn – ‘Dealing with Maths Learning Difficulties. ‘Back to basics’ means learning not telling”
- Rita Cheminais – Super SENCo in an era of Change
- Victoria Crivelli – ‘ICT and dyslexia’
- Anna Kate Davies – ‘Modelling and Coaching Staff with Multi-sensory Teaching Approaches
- Anne Margaret Smith – ‘Working with multi-lingual learners’
- Judy Capener – ‘The spell of words and Alfred the Great’
- Rob Long – ‘Touching Tomorrow – the future is not over yet – a tiered approach to managing behaviour for learning’
- 8.30am Registration and refreshments
- 9.00am Introduction
- 9.15am Keynote Address 1
- 10.15am Keynote Address 2
- 11.15am Refreshments
- 11.30pm Keynote Address 3
- 12.30pm Lunch
- 1.30pm Workshops: Session1
- 2.30pm Workshops: Session 2
- 3.30pm Refreshments
- 3.45pm Keynote Address 4
- 4.45pm Closing remarks
- Conference Fee £195.00 [inclusive of VAT]
- Conference Fee* £50.00 [inclusive of VAT]
* for current students on the SENCo/Dyslexia programmes (limited places available).
How to Register
Register online using a credit/debit card at enterprisesstore.edgehill.ac.uk.
Alternatively, please print and complete the conference registration form and post it to:
- Jan Jackson, Inclusion Matters!, Faculty of Education, Edge Hill University, St Helens Road, Ormskirk, Lancashire, L39 4QP.
Confirmation of places, maps and a programme will be dispatched two weeks before the conference date. If you have not received your confirmation letter one week before the conference, please phone to check we have received your registration form on +44 (0)1695 650808 or email email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
Applications are accepted on the understanding that the applicants agree to the following booking terms and conditions. All conference fees remain payable once a registration is received by Edge Hill University. Edge Hill University’s terms of payment are 30 days from the date of invoice. Cancellations are not possible. A substitution may be made in the event of a withdrawal. Edge Hill University reserves the right to make changes to the published programme if necessary