Practice Education is undergoing a great deal of change and this event seeks to bring together those involved in practice education to discuss the recent changes, the implications for social work education and the provision of Practice Education CPD opportunities at Edge Hill University.
The area of Practice Education is vital in both pre and post qualifying social work training and investing in the workforce through education and training is a significant factor in retaining good staff and contributing to the education of future employees.
Edge Hill University seeks to work with social work/social care employers to ensure that training and development opportunities in Practice Education are provided so that social workers are equipped and prepared to fulfil their roles as educators, and also meet the conditions of registration renewal that ensures their competence to practice is maintained.
Introduced by Professor George Talbot, Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, this event will provide opportunities to:
- Meet the Social Work team;
- Find out about the courses on offer – MA Practice Education, Practice Educator Framework;
- Hear about the experiences of practice education from the perspectives of students and practice educators.
- Be consulted on future CPD courses based on employer needs.
Book Your Place
To book a place at this free event, download and complete the booking form (pdf) and return it to:
- Lesley Littler, Department of Social and Psychological Sciences, Edge Hill University, St Helens Road, Ormskirk, Lancashire, L39 4QP please complete the booking form and return to
Places are strictly limited and bookings will be dealt with on a ‘first come, first served’ basis.
For further information, email Lesley.Littler@edgehill.ac.uk.