This workshop focuses on writing in and with teams and offers writers a chance to practice storylining techniques. The event offers networking for writers, producers and academics.
During the day you will:
- Storyline from a brief provided by the professional team;
- Devise a scene by scene breakdown of model storylines;
- Get professional feedback on your stories.
Copyright remains with the writer.
- Phil Collinson: Producer Coronation Street. Formerly Executive Producer Dr Who and The Sarah Jane Adventures.
- Simon Judd: BBC Development Script Editor. Formerly Script Editor and Storyliner on Emmerdale.
- Daisy Coulam: has written for and storylined shows including Eastenders, Holby City and Doctors and is currently developing original series of her own.
- Ian Pike‘s many tv credits include several years as a core writer on Hollyoaks. As well as sitcoms and comedy series, Ian has written animation (The Wellington Family), a horror series for the BBC The Fear, and a feature film, Skunk. Ian is currently taking part in a CBBC residency and has two original comedy drama series in development. He tutors writers at Edge Hill and Salford Universities.
- Julie Wilkinson‘s credits include Emmerdale, Children’s Ward and a Radio 4 series, Coal. Julie teaches Scriptwriting at Manchester Metropolitan University. She has written widely for the stage and is currently working on two commissions for the Library Theatre Manchester and New Perspectives Theatre Company.
How to Book
The standard cost for this event is £139 for the day. If you book this event together with the Pitching the Story session on Saturday 16th October, the combined cost is discounted to £260. Graduates and students of Manchester Metropolitan University or Edge Hill University are eligible for a discount rate of £99 per day. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
The event is taking place in the John Dalton Building opposite the BBC on Oxford Road. For directions, visit www.mmu.ac.uk/about /locations.