Edge Hill University’s Widening Participation Research Centre is hosting a seminar titled Communicating Climate Change on 27th April 2009 at the Ormskirk Campus. The seminar will discuss knowledge exchange, campaigns and education in relation to climate change.
Representatives from different projects and the Department for Natural and Geographical Sciences at Edge Hill University will provide a range of perspectives to help debate the role of higher education in working in partnership with academics, communities, schools and city / rural populations on research and knowledge exchange activity.
The seminar will include contributions from:
Department of Natural and Geographical Applied Sciences, Edge Hill University
- European coastal research: knowledge exchange between communities, schools and universities
- Speaker: Dr. Annie Worsley
Zero Carbon City Global Campaign
- A British Council project to raise awareness across city populations of the causes and impacts of climate change
- Speakers: Sarah Jenkins, Dr Laura Grant
British Council Climate Change Young Champions
- Speakers: Speaker and Young Champion (tbc)
The schedule for the day is:
- 10:30am Refreshments
- 11am Seminar
- 1pm Lunch
The seminar will be hosted in room G3 in the Geography building at the front of the Ormskirk Campus. Places are limited. If you would like to reserve a place please email Julia Clarke at Julia.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include any dietary requirements for lunch.