This conference is an opportunity to celebrate, reflect and evaluate the contributions of those members of the wider school workforce who have improved outcomes significantly for pupils.
Attention will be focused on:
- The Professionalisation of the Wider School Workforce;
- Evaluating where you are now, and how to progress and improve your training opportunities for future professional development;
- Learning from other people’s experiences and sharing good practice in the wider school workforce;
- 3 key workshops embracing issues surrounding Inclusion, Teamwork and “keeping your head!”;
- Celebrating the contributions of those members of the wider school workforce that have contributed significantly in improving children’s lives.
Who should attend?
- Teaching Assistants
- Learning Mentors
- Administrative staff
- Head Teachers
- Support Staff Coordinators
- Local Authority Wider School Workforce Advisory Staff
- Children’s Services
- Anybody considering a change in career or progression within the Children’s Workforce
Jill Staley, Director of Standards and Qualifications at the Training and Development Agency (TDA) for Schools
Before joining TDA, Jill held staff development leadership roles in schools, local authorities and higher education. Jill’s work at TDA has included training and development related to both support staff in schools and teachers. In recent years, however, the main focus has been to improve training and progression opportunities for support staff who now make up approximately half the workforce in schools. This has included leading the introduction of HLTA status, developing professional and occupational standards and developing more strategic approaches to induction and continuing development of school staff.
A series of workshops will be led by the undergraduate Professional Development team from Edge Hill University. It will be possible to attend all the workshops on the day.
Teamwork and Leadership (Session A)
- Led by Susan Graves (FdA Professional Development Programme Leader) and Anita Walton (Head of Undergraduate Professional Development)
Teamwork and Leadership (Session B)
- Led by Susan Gaffney and Michelle O’Doherty (Senior Lecturers in Undergraduate Professional Development)
What is Inclusion?
- Led by Dr. Linda Dunne (FdA Supporting Teaching and Learning – Secondary Pathway Leader) and Dawn Norse (BA(Hons) Teaching Learning & Mentoring Programme Leader)
‘How to keep your head while all around are losing theirs’
- Strategies for creating and maintaining positive relationships and well being within schools and settings
- Led by Alexis Moore (Senior Lecturer in Undergraduate Professional Development) and Joanne Sutcliffe (FdA Supporting Teaching and Learning Programme Leader)
The cost to attend the conference is £25 including lunch.
Book Your Place
- Download booking form >>
- Return the completed booking form, with a cheque for £25 made payable to Edge Hill Enterprises, to: Children’s Workforce in Schools, Conference Administrator, Michael Anderson, Faculty of Education, Edge Hill University, St Helens Road, Ormskirk, Lancashire L39 4QP