The Language Lounge is a dedicated space for language learning. It is located in LP0.09 in the Law and Psychology building and is open to all Edge Hill students and members of staff. The Language Lounge contains 16 computers in independent learning workstations. In addition to this, the Language Lounge also offers the following facilities:
- EAP Toolkit
- Newspapers in different languages including Le Monde and El País
- Novels and graded readers in different languages
- DVDs in different languages
- Dictionaries in Arabic, French, German, Italian, Mandarin and Spanish
- A space for relaxing and meeting with your language partner on the Conversation Exchange Scheme
- A list of films available in different languages on Box of Broadcasts which you can watch in the Language Lounge
uTalk is a language learning app offering 16 languages including Arabic, French, German, Italian, Mandarin and Spanish. uTalk is perfect if you want to learn a brand new language or if you would like to practise your target language. uTalk is excellent for improving your vocabulary and testing your pronunciation with its variety of games and activities which are divided into topics.
Sanako is a digital language lab which can help you to develop your speaking and listening skills. You may wish to use Sanako to record yourself speaking in preparation for a speaking test. Alternatively, you may wish to record yourself repeating certain sounds in your target language to practise your pronunciation.
This is a set of online learning materials designed for international students whose first language is not English. The Toolkit has over 100 interactive learning resources (equivalent to 80 hours of activity-based learning) that focus on language and study skills.
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays open 2pm-5pm
- Thursdays closed