- Duration: 10 weeks
- Dates: Thursday 10th October – Thursday 12th December 2019
- Time: 6-8pm
- Location: To be confirmed
Step 1 Entry Criteria
This upper intermediate course is the natural progression for those who have completed the previous levels. It is also suited to those who have studied the language before to a more advanced level, i.e. up to AS or A Level.
Emphasis is set on:
- comprehensive coverage of advanced vocabulary, grammar and texts
- developing and enhancing all 4 communication skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing) to a more advanced level
- full development of language learning skills
- developing confidence and accuracy when using the language in a wide range of situations
What will you do in the weekly sessions?
You will be asked to contribute to the learning process by taking an active part in the lessons. This includes participation in group and pair work. You will develop your communication skills and increase your knowledge of grammar and functions in the language. You may also be asked to deliver individual or group presentations.
Your progress will be greatly enhanced if you reinforce the topics covered in the group with some private study.
Step 1 Course Book
The course book is yet to be confirmed but your tutor will also provide materials and resources to support your learning. These materials will also be available on the Language Steps Organization on Blackboard.SIGN UP CLOSED
Each 10 week course consists of a 2 hour lesson, held once a week, over the period of 10 weeks.
The cost for each 10 week course is shown below:
- EHU Student: £80 This will be covered by the Student Opportunity Fund (SOF).
- EHU Staff: £110
- Member of Public: £160