- Duration: 10 weeks
- Dates: Thursday 15th October – Thursday 17th December 2020
- Time: 6-8pm
- Location: To be confirmed
Step 1 Entry Criteria
This 10 week course is aimed at those with little or no previous knowledge of the language.
Emphasis is set on:
- achieving a basic level of communication in all four skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing)
- developing confidence and a degree of accuracy when using the language in a limited range of everyday situations encountered when interacting with sympathetic native speakers
- stimulating interest in countries where the language is spoken
What will you do in the weekly sessions?
Students will practise listening, speaking, reading and writing in the sessions. They will be expected to take part actively in group and pair work and role plays.
Your progress will be greatly enhanced if you reinforce the topics covered in the group with some private study.
Step 1 Course Book
The course book is yet to be confirmed but your tutor will also provide materials and resources to support your learning. These materials will also be available on the Language Steps Organization on Blackboard.Sign up available from September 2020