- Duration: 10 weeks
- Evening: Thursday
- Dates: Thursday 3rd February – Thursday 7th April 2022
- Time: 6-8pm
- Mode of delivery: Face-to-face
- Room: To be confirmed
Step 1 Entry Criteria
This 10-week course is aimed at those with little or no previous knowledge of the language. It is also suited to those who may have a GCSE grade D or below in the language.
Emphasis is set on:
- achieving a basic level of communication in all four skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing)
- developing confidence and a degree of accuracy when using the language in a limited range of everyday situations encountered when interacting with sympathetic native speakers
- stimulating interest in countries where the language is spoken
What will you do in the weekly sessions?
Students will practise listening, speaking, reading and writing in the sessions. They will be expected to take part actively in group and pair work and role plays.
Your progress will be greatly enhanced if you reinforce the topics covered in the group with some private study.
Step 1 Course Book
Please purchase BBC Talk French 1
Materials will also be provided by your tutor and these will be available on the Language Steps Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).Sign up closed