|Department:||Children, Education and Communities|
|Current position:||Lecturer- Primary Mathematics|
|Location:||Ormskirk Main Campus, Faculty of Education|
Pinar has 13 years experience in inner-city London schools where she held senior leadership positions including; mathematics leader, phase leader and assistant headteacher.
Between 2013-2014, Pinar was seconded by CIMT (Centre for Innovation in Mathematics Teaching) to support a variety of schools in the teaching of mathematics in London and Plymouth. Additionally, she was seconded by the London West Alliance to lead training sessions for mathematics coordinators from schools across the West London region.
As a lecturer, Pinar teaches primary mathematics education at both Undergraduate and Postgraduate modules. Currently, Pinar is studying a PhD through Plymouth University, Institute of Education.
- Education Policy and Planning
- Education Management
- Teaching Principles and Methods
- Curriculum and Assessment
- Teacher Education
- 2016 MA (Mathematics Education) Plymouth University, Institute of Education
- 2003 QTS Overseas Trained Teachers Programme, Middlesex University
- 1998 BA (Hon) Education Management and Planning, Ankara University, Faculty of Education Sciences
- 1998 Teaching Certificate, Ankara University, Faculty of Education Sciences.
Associate Fellow of the HEA.
- Initial Teacher Training
- Pinar is currently studying a PhD in trainee teachers’ confidence in mathematics teaching.