We are pleased to offer Mentor Development to our partnership:
Wednesday 4th March 2020
12.30pm arrival for lunch for 1.30pm start. Finish time: 4.30pm.
Faculty of Education, Lakeside Building, Ormskirk, L39 4QP
Delivery by Edge Hill University staff and partners.
Delegate Agenda Wednesday 4th March 2020 Please note this is subject to change.
Initial overview of mentor development at Edge Hill University. Please see online paperwork below:
- Early Years Education
- Department for Children Education and Communities (Primary)
- Secondary Education
Our workshops will have a variety of themes including:
- new mentor training
- support for experienced mentors
- target setting
1/2 day supply (£90) will be reimbursed following the event.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do I book? See online booking form above, we will be in touch to confirm your booking.
- How do I claim? In order to support your attendance at the event, The Faculty of Education, are pleased to offer the reimbursement of the cost of 1/2 day supply cover (at the rate of £90). Payment will be made following the event and is subject to attendance. Attendees will be required to sign in and out of the event and verify their school details alongside our feedback request form. The completion of this document will trigger payment being made accordingly. We therefore kindly request, that you do not issue an invoice as this may cause confusion within our finance department.
- Who should attend? Mentors from all age phase settings, particularly those who are currently mentoring our trainees on placement or who wish to mentor (priority will be given to those who are currently mentoring EHU students but we also welcome bookings from those who would be interested in mentoring in the future).
- Is there a limit to the number of mentors? We can guarantee at least 1 place per school and should numbers allow it we are hoping to accommodate more. A further event will also be scheduled for later in the year.
- What is the purpose of the event? This event is designed to:
- Provide an update on current policies and practice,
- Opportunity for the university and school based partners to develop future practice,
- Help us to work with the partnership to identify strengths and areas for improvement,
- Ensure consistency of judgements,
- Opportunity for mentors to get together and share good practice,
- Opportunity for greater partnership involvement.
- Support the professional development of mentors within the partnership.