Welcome to our ITE professional practice page. At Edge Hill University initial teacher education, we put our trainees’ progress and well-being at the centre of everything we do. Our provision offers high quality teacher training and academic standards and a significant part of this takes place at our local and regional partner schools and educational settings. Being the first teacher training institution in the UK, we have very strong roots and experience in developing effective teachers. Our aim is to provide our trainees with;
- High-quality support and guidance
- High-quality mentoring
- Rigorous and robust quality assurance (QA) of assessment and the mentoring process
- Rigorous and robust QA of the placement processes
- Equitability between the programmes and across the departments
- Consistency in process, procedures and documentation across the partnership
Please read our Professional Practice Policy to find out more about the specific roles and responsibilities of all stakeholders during placement. We will support all our mentors as well as our trainees to succeed their roles and utilise their feedback to refine our ITE curriculum accordingly.