|Department:||Children, Education and Communities|
|Current position:||PGCE Year Leader/ APD Co-ordinator/ DT Subject Lead|
|Location:||Ormskirk Main Campus, Faculty of Education|
My career in education began in 1988 as a Primary School Teaching Assistant after a short career in Banking. In 2000 I become a Senior Teacher in a small school. Teaching experience includes teaching mixed age classes both KS1 and KS2 and Year 6. Since being an NQT I have always been part of a Senior Leadership Team deputising for the Head Teacher. I have led and coordinated the subjects of DT, Art, English, Computing, PHSCE, History and Geography for primary age range. I have been Assessment coordinator and Educational Visit Coordinator whilst enjoying the role of Staff Governor for 13 years followed by Foundation Governor for 6 years in a local primary school Chairing the Quality, Standards and Assessment committee. Since joining Edge Hill I have been Foundations Subjects Lead, Year 1 Undergraduate Year Lead before taking on the role of PGCE Year Lead.
- BA (Hons) Community Studies
- MA (Education)
- My research interest is around Teaching Assistants who have chosen to become teaching assistants.
- Narrative Research Group, ERAS, SCATE
- I am currently studying for a professional doctorate in Education at the Institute of Education, UCL
- Contributed a chapter to Teaching the Primary Foundation Subjects (Webster & Misra, 2015)
- Article for IOE – experiences of a EdD student
Knowledge Transfer and Enterprise
- Presented at IOE Doctoral poster conference (2017), TEAN (2014, 2015), ACRE (2016, 2017)
- Year 5 Pupil Premium Day – organised and worked with 12 local schools to raise aspirations for pupil premium children at the university.
- Coping strategies of trainees
- Planning and Assessment
- Pupil Voice
- Part time studying
- Studying for a professional doctorate at the Institute of Education, UCL