|Department:||Children, Education and Communities|
|Current position:||Primary Education with QTS Undergraduate Full-time Year 3 Leader/ Senior Lecturer Primary and Early Years Mathematics|
|Location:||Ormskirk Main Campus, Faculty of Education|
- 2013 – present Senior Lecturer/Primary UG FT Year 3 Leader
- 2012 -2013 Senior Lecturer
- 2008 – 2012 Associate Tutor
- 1995 – 2006 Deputy Headteacher and Deputy Headteacher (Acting) in 2 North West Primary Schools.
- 1981 – 1995 Primary School Teacher
- 2002- NPQH (National College for School Leadership)
- 1981 – B.Ed (Hons) – Bangor University
- 1980 – Certificate In Education (Main Subject – Maths/Science, Distinction in Teaching Practice)
Mathematics Subject Knowledge anxiety in trainee teachers. Why Trainee Teachers find teaching in KS1 for the first time challenging. (This is currently the focus for the final module of my MA which is due to be completed in September 2017)
Sue taught in many Primary school settings over the course of 28 year career prior to joining the team at Edge Hill University. Previously she held the role of Mathematics Coordinator. Sue was a Full time teaching Deputy Head Teacher for 10 years in a small Primary Church school in a socially deprived area. She held many curriculum coordinator responsibilities including Mathematics, Assessment, ICT and residential visits, Sue was also a Staff Governor.
- Anxiety in trainees related to Mathematical Subject Knowledge
- Teaching and Learning in Primary Mathematics