|Department:||Children, Education and Communities|
|Current position:||Programme Leader Primary Education with QTS Undergraduate|
|Location:||Ormskirk Main Campus, Faculty of Education|
- BA (Hons) Primary Education QTS Programme Leader, Edge Hill University
- Assistant Head of Primary Education, Edge Hill University
- BA (Hons) Primary Education QTS Year 3 Leader, Edge Hill University
- BA (Hons) Primary Education QTS Part Time Programme Year Leader, Edge Hill University
- Senior Lecturer Primary Education, Edge Hill University
- Primary Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 Teacher, Lancashire Education Authority.
- MA (Education) Edge Hill University
- Level 7 Certificate in Leadership and Management. ILM
- BSc (Hons) with Qualified Teacher Status
Educational and Professional (Primary) Studies with Mathematical Studies, Practice of Teaching. Lancaster University
Sian has been a member of the Edge Hill Primary team since 2000, initially as a Primary ICT Senior Lecturer. She was later appointed as a Year Leader on the Primary Undergraduate Part Time Programme leading two small cohorts. In 2009 she became Year 3 leader on the Primary Undergraduate Full Time Programme leading a large cohort of trainee teachers across all aspects of their professional, academic and personal development. Sian’s most recent roles are as Programme Leader and Assistant Head of Primary Education. Her particular responsibilities within these roles include strategic responsibility for recruitment and selection onto all programmes within the department, student wellbeing and employability. Prior to joining Edge Hill University, Sian taught Key Stages 1 and 2 and co-ordinated mathematics and ICT. Sian’s work involves engagement with schools and colleges, partner institutions, employers and other initial teacher training providers.
Sian is a fellow of the Higher Education Academy. She holds the positions of External Examiner on the BA (Hons) Primary Education QTS programme at Bishop Grosseteste University and the PGCE Primary QTS at Manchester Metropolitan University.
Sian is currently researching the impact of trainee teachers’ online presence on their employability.