|Department:||Children, Education and Communities|
|Current position:||Senior Lecturer in Primary English|
|Location:||Ormskirk Main Campus, Faculty of Education|
- PGCE Primary Education with QTS – Primary English Module.
- BA Honours Primary Education with QTS both Full and Part –Time Programmes –
- Primary English Levels 4, 5 and 6. Academic and Professional Development Modules Levels 4 and 5.
- Module Lead for Primary English Major Specialism Level 6 for both Full and Part-Time Programmes.
- Primary English Strand Leader – Writing development, teaching , learning and assessment including Poetry.
- Academic and Professional Development Strand Leader – Professional Relationships.
- BEd Hons 2:1
- Education with English Main and Theatre Studies – St Martin’s College Lancaster University
- Certificate in Special Educational Needs in Ordinary Classrooms – Manchester Polytechnic
- Diploma in Special Educational Needs – Manchester Metropolitan University
- PGCE in Education Management – Manchester Metropolitan Uinversity
- National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH)- National College for School Leadership (NCSL)
- PGCE in Teaching in Higher Education – Edge Hill University
- Student teacher’s perceptions of grammar and grammar teaching and learning in primary schools.
- Teachers as Readers
- Primary Headteacher – Woodhouses Voluntary Controlled C of E and Free Church School, Oldham Sept 2005 – Dec 2012
- Senior School Improvement Consultant – Primary National Strategy (English) Sept 2003 – Aug 2005
- School Improvement Consultant – National Literacy Strategy April 1998 – Aug 2003
- Associate Lecturer Open University Specialist Teacher Assistant Programme STAC 2002-2003
- Primary Deputy Headteacher, Curriculum and Assessment, Staff Development, School Improvement Projects Co-ordinator, Holy Trinity C of E, Oldham Sept 1993 – March 1998
- Senior Leader – Curriculum and Assessment, Staff Development and Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator, Alt Primary School, Oldham Sept 1990 – Aug 1993
- Classteacher and Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator, Greenhill Community School, Oldham Sept 1987 – Aug 1990
- Children’s Writing development.
- Writing in the Primary English Curriculum.
- Drama as a learning medium and its impact on language and literacy development.
- Approaches to developing spoken language skills across the primary age range.
- Philosophy for Children.
Knowledge Transfer and Enterprise
Primary English Team – Teachers as Readers Phase 2 with Teresa Cremin
- First Steps Tutor for Reading, Writing, Spelling (Oct 1999) and Oral Language (July 2001)
- Level 1 Facilitator in Philosophical Enquiry (SAPERE) (Oct 2001)
- Level 2 Facilitator and Trainer in Philosophical Enquiry (SAPERE) (July 2004)
- International Leadership Learning Programme (SSAT and NCSL) researching the theme of Personalised Learning in an International Context. Including study tour to Melbourne, Australia 2009-2011
- Leading School Improvement Network Learning Group (A group of 4 schools working with an independent consultant to develop Senior Leadership Teams.) 2011-2012