|Department:||Early Years Education|
|Location:||Ormskirk Main Campus, Faculty of Education|
Louise currently teaches on the Undergraduate Entry (UG) and Foundation Degree Early Years.
- Early Years Professional Status (NDNA & Open University) (2008)
- MA Creative Writing (Leeds Metropolitan University) (1998)
- BA (Hons) 2.1 degree Media Production (Northumbria University) 1994
- Lecturer 2017-present
- Programme Leader Early Years Education – Edge Hill University. December 2015 – 2017 (F/T)
- Lecturer Early Years – Edge Hill University. April 2015 – December 2015 (F/T)
- Associate Tutor (EYPS/EYTS) – Edge Hill University September 2008 – April 2015
- Communications Officer – Merseyside Police. February 1999 – January
- Nursery Manager/Lead Early Years Teacher, Sandford Preschool. May 2008 – May 2010
Louise is currently undertaking a study investigating the role of ICT as an assessment tool in early childhood education to ascertain the impact of delivery of Fundamental British Values.
Previously Louise worked with the Police Nationale in Paris when she was employed by Merseyside Police, undertaking research about how early education can impact on crime management strategies.
- Masterson, L. ‘Recognise when a child is in danger or at risk of harm and know to act to protect them’, in Basquill, J., Beattie, L and Ryan, J (eds) (2012) The EYPS Handbook. Pearson: London
- Nursery World Columnist – July 2007 – July 2008
Knowledge transfer and enterprise
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- EYTS Networking Group (Liverpool/Wirral)
- Visiting Tutor Update – Staff Development Presentations
- Member of EYITT Harmonisation group – meetings attended and delivered feedback