|Current position:||Inclusion Programme Leader/ Postgraduate Professional Learning|
|Location:||Ormskirk Main Campus, Faculty of Education|
- Inclusion Programme Leader, Edge Hill University 2010 – to date
- Senior Lecturer Undergraduate Professional Development, Edge Hill University 2009-2010
- Early Years/Key Stage 1 Class Teacher and Special Educational Needs
- Co-ordinator (SENCo), St James Catholic Primary School 2003-2009
- Reception Teacher, St Joan of Arc Catholic Primary School 2002-2003
- Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching in Higher Education – Edge Hill University December 2013
- MA Special Educational Needs 2010 – Liverpool John Moores University July 2010
- Postgraduate Certificate in Special Education Needs (SENCO) – Liverpool John Moores University February 2007
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education – University of Surrey July 2002
- BA (Hons) 2:2 English/Sociology – The University of Liverpool July 2000
Interests and Achievements:
Lisa is a member of the Provider Partnership Group and Provider Partnership Working Group linked to the National Award for SEN Co-ordination, as well as the Higher Education Academy.
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (2014)
Lisa has a number or research interests. Her Masters dissertation focus was ‘Does low self-esteem affect some children with learning difficulties?’. This will be further explored through adult perceptions of self-esteem in future Doctoral research. Special Educational Needs and Inclusion have continued to be particular areas of interest and research throughout her career, both in school and at university. Arising from her involvement with the National Award for SEN Co-ordination Lisa also has an interest in the role of the Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCo) and their position within Senior Leadership structures in educational settings.
- Lisa is a member of the ERAS group at Edge Hill University.
- Walton, A., Goddard, G. (2012) Supporting Every Child: A Course Book for Foundation Degrees in Teaching and Supporting Learning. Exeter: Learning Matters Ltd.