|Department:||Early Years Education|
|Current position:||Foundation Degree Early Years Practice and Leadership Pathway Leader|
|Location:||Ormskirk Main Campus, Faculty of Education|
Jacqui is a Senior Lecturer in the Early Years Department at the Faculty of Education at Edge Hill University. She has experience teaching from Level 4 to Level 7, both traditional and widening participation students and across a variety of early years programmes. Jacqui has a particular interest in technology and has taught using both traditional and blended approaches.
Jacqui’s previous experience as a Registered General Nurse and a Registered Midwife have supported her interest in the health of young children. She has ten years experience as a Nursery School teacher and this enables her to support students to understand how theory underpins the practical nature of early years education and care.
Jacqui is also an External Examiner – Sheffield Hallam University; Fellow of the Higher Education Academy – Reviewing bids for HEA funding, reviewing applicants for National Teaching Fellowship and Peer Reviewer for:
- Innovations in Education and Teaching International
- British Journal of Education and Technology
- Open University Publications
- PhD e Research and Technology Enhanced Learning (Part 2) –Complete by November 2018 – A multiple case study investigating the relationship between the technological, pedagogical and content knowledge of early years teachers and the use of technology to develop children’s learning experiences.
- MA Education (2012): Edge Hill University
- Post Graduate Certificate Teaching and Learning Support in Higher Education(2010): Edge Hill University
- National Professional Qualification for Headship (2007): NCSL
- Bsc (Hons) Mathematics and Education Studies (Qualified Teacher Status) (1998): Lancaster University
- Registered Midwife (1988 – 1999)
- Registered General Nurse (1987 – 1999)
- Technology use in early years
- Distance and blended learning
- Peer observation in online programmes
- BASQUILL J., BEATTIE L. and RYAN J., 2011. The EYPS Handbook. London: Pearson.
- BASQUILL, J. ,2012. ‘Supporting Learning in the EYFS’ in Walton, A and Goddard, G (eds) ‘Supporting Every Child’.(2nd ed) Essex: Learning Matters.
- BASQUILL, J., BEATTIE, L. and RYAN, J., 2011. The Early Years Professional Status Handbook Teach Nursery Published.
- BASQUILL, J, 2009. Work matters: Early Years Professionals – Case studies. Nursery World, Published.
- BASQUILL, J., 2008. EYPS Support-Sustained Shared Thinking. Nursery World, Published.
Knowledge transfer and enterprise:
- 2009, Early Years Conference, Playfulness, Messy Play Workshop, Edge Hill University
- 2010, Let Me Be Me Conference, Non Messy, Messy Play, Workshop, Edge Hill University
- 2012, SOLSTICE conference, Successful Migration to a New VLE – Lessons Learnt and Where to Next? Edge Hill University
2012, CLTR conference, Creating Effective Feedback to Support Students’ Engagement with Academic Writing, Edge Hill University
- 2014, 9th International Networked Learning Conference, Synchronous or Asynchronous That is the Question: Are Online Classrooms the Answer? Edinburgh University
- 2015, TACTYC Conference: Can enhancing the Technological, Pedagogical and Content Knowledge (TPACK) of early years teachers in the use of tablet technologies improve outcomes for young children? Birmingham International Conference Centre.
- 2016, BECERA Conference: How does the Technology, Pedagogy and Content Knowledge (TPACK) of early years teachers in the use of technology improve outcomes for young children?