|Department:||Children, Education and Communities|
|Current position:||Primary Science Lead|
|Location:||Ormskirk Main Campus, Faculty of Education|
- Primary Science Subject Leader, Edge Hill University 2016-present
- Primary Programme Leader (Acting), Edge Hill University 2015-2016
- Primary Science Subject Leader, Edge Hill University 2014-2015
- Senior Lecturer, Edge Hill University 2012-2014
- Wirral Centre Manager, Edge Hill University 2010-2012
- Deputy Headteacher and Acting Headteacher in 2 north-west primary schools 2004-2009
- Advisory Teacher for Primary Science, Wirral LA 2002-2003
- Primary Teacher 1999-2002
- MA Educational Leadership and Management (Edge Hill University) 2015
- NPQH (National College for School Leadership) 2009
- PGCE (Edge Hill University) 1999
- BA (Hons) Physical Education and Science (Liverpool John Moores University) 1997
Frith has developed several areas of expertise, including: primary science, leadership and management, coach and mentoring, curriculum development, assessment and data for school improvement, and Lesson Study. Her Masters dissertation was entitled, ‘What is the impact of Lesson Study on teaching and learning in Key Stage 2? An analysis of teachers’ views’.
Wirral Primary Science Scheme of Work (2003)
Knowledge Transfer and Enterprise
- EEF Lesson Study Regional Conferences 2015
- Edge Hill University Teaching and Learning Day 2014
- EEF Lesson Study National Conference 2013
From 2013-2015, Frith led the UK’s largest trial of Lesson Study; a Japanese approach to teacher development and is excited to see the impact of this when results are published in July 2017. This trial was funded by Edge Hill University and EEF and involved a range of partners: international experts, regional consultants, LSE and NIESR. Frith believes in the power of collaboration.
Frith leads the primary science team who are passionate and committed to sharing science with our community of trainees, teachers, local children and their families.
Frith has extensive experience of coaching and mentoring; from support staff and trainees, to NQTs and middle leaders. As a school leader she has experience of implementing new curriculum and assessment policies to raise attainment.
As an Edge Hill University graduate, Frith is pleased to have returned to inspire the next generation of outstanding teachers. She is passionate about securing the very best outcomes for our children and it is this that continues to inspire her to seek professional challenges.
Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (2017)