|Department:||Children, Education and Communities|
|Current position:||Post Graduate Researcher (GTA)|
|Location:||Ormskirk Main Campus, Faculty of Education|
Francesca Bernardi is a Post-Graduate Researcher in the Department for Children, Education and Communities. Francesca’s practice is informed by consistent and reflective research on pedagogy, creativity, art in education and inclusion. Her current research on Children’s Identity and Autism is embedded in her teaching: Francesca delivers undergraduate and postgraduate specialist modules on Inclusive Learning and Values for Social Change.
Francesca is also a visual artist and educationalist whose practice reflects her belief that creativity, the arts and art education are a vehicle for accessible and successful learning.
Francesca is a specialist Secondary Art and Design Teacher (PGCE, QTS), and former resident artist in primary and secondary schools (London: 2006-2015), and set and properties designer. Active Fellow of the RSA (The Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce).
- MA Education (2014, Edge Hill University)
- Creative Process (2014, TATE Learning, London)
- Arts Administration (2012, City Literary Institute)
- PGCE Secondary Education (2012, Edge Hill University)
- QTS Art and Design (2009)
- Foundation in Art Therapy (2007, BAAT, British Association of Art Therapists)
- BA Honours, Jewellery, Silversmithing and Allied Crafts (2000, London Guildhall University)
- Diploma in Fine Art and Design (1997, Istituto Statale d’Arte, F. Costantino, Italy)
- Diploma in Art Teaching (1995, Istituto Statale d’Arte, F. Costantino, Italy)
- Arts Practice and Education
- Social Justice in Education
- Visual Methods in Social Science Research
- Antonio Gramsci
- Maria Montessori
- The Antonio Gramsci Society, Founder
- Cultural, Faith & World View Societies, Elected Representative
- The National Autistic Society ‘Make School Make Sense’ Award Winner
- FRSA (Fellow of The Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce)
- Member ‘RSA Artists’ Network’
- Member of Creative Exchange North London
Multi-disciplinary Research and Autism Catalyst board member (R&D NHS North West, Faculty of Education and Faculty of Health and Social Care/ Edge Hill University).