|Department:||Children, Education and Communities|
|Current position:||Primary Undergraduate Full-time Year 1 Leader/ Senior Lecturer in Primary English|
|Location:||Ormskirk Main Campus, Faculty of Education|
- 2008 – present Senior Lecturer In Primary English Education
- 1999 – 2008 Primary School Teacher/ Key Stage 2 leader
- BA (Hons) Primary Education with QTS
- PG Cert – Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
Elizabeth’s research interest is in how role play supports the development of writing.
Working with the English team and Teresa Cremin (UKLA/OU) on the Teachers as Readers Building Communities of Readers: Phase 2.
Bedford, J. and Kirtlan, E. (2009) Teaching and Support Reading In Anita Walton (eds), Supporting Every Child: A Course Book for Foundation Degrees in Teaching and Supporting Learning, first edition, Exeter, Learning Matters, 106- 120, ISBN=9781844452033
Kirtlan, E. (2009) Curriculum Enrichment through Excellence and Enjoyment In Anita Walton (eds), Supporting Every Child: A Course Book for Foundation Degrees in Teaching and Supporting Learning, first edition, Exeter, Learning Matters, 120 – 132, ISBN=9781844452033
Knowledge Transfer and Enterprise
- 2017: TEAN Conference, Birmingham – Building communities of readers through Book Bench project.
- Chorley Partnership Schools, Chorley Borough Council – Book Bench Project
- 2017: Successfully leading a community reading project with 9 partnerships and Chorley Borough Council
- 2014: Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Reading for pleasure – exploring children’s literature
- Creativity in the curriculum