|Department:||Children, Education and Communities|
|Current position:||Senior Lecturer in Primary Education (Mathematics)|
|Location:||Ormskirk Main Campus, Faculty of Education Annexe|
- Senior lecturer, Primary Mathematics Education 2013 –
- Numeracy Consultant, LEA, 2012-2013
- Mathematics Subject Leader (South East Primary School) 2008-2011
- Primary school teacher 2004 -2011
- MA Education (Open University) 2016
- BA (Hons) Mathematical Sciences (Open University) 2004
Debbie is currently working on two projects:
- Turning the tables on tables – looking at effective strategies for the teaching and learning of times tables in light of the Government announcement that year 6 pupils will now sit a times tables timed test.
- Profiles of mathematics specialists at level 7 – investigating whether there is a generic profile for students who choose to specialise in mathematics whilst studying for a PGCE at Edge Hill University, in order to ensure their learning needs are met.
Professional Development and Enhancement
Accredited Professional Development (PD) lead for National Centre for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics (NCETM)
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy 2016
Debbie has a passion for mathematics, particularly challenging more able mathematicians, supporting with interventions and making mathematics real and active.