|Department:||Children, Education and Communities|
|Current position:||Primary Undergraduate Part Time Programme Level 5 Leader and Senior Lecturer Primary Mathematics Education|
|Location:||Ormskirk Main Campus, Faculty of Education Annexe|
- Senior Lecturer in Primary Mathematics (2012 – date)
- Primary School Teacher (2006 – 2012)
- Mathematics Team Leader (2008 – 2012)
- (2012) Postgraduate Certificate in Specialist Primary Mathematics and Mathematics Specialist Teacher status
- (2006) First Class BA (Hons) degree with QTS in Primary Education, specialising in Science and ICT
- 2002 – IQA Quality Management
- 2001 – City and Guilds – Statistics (distinction)
- 2000 – City and Guilds – Quality Assurance
- 1986 – ONC and HNC Polymer Science and Technology
Cherryl is currently researching the effective strategies for the teaching and learning of times tables in primary schools in light of the Government announcement that year 6 pupils will now sit a times tables timed test.
‘The Effects of Dose Rate on the Mechanical Properties of Gamma Cross-linked Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene’ was published and presented for the Society of Bio-materials in 2002.
Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (2016)
Prior to her teaching career, Cherryl worked as a Plastics Technologist carrying out research, development and analysis of medical polymers for orthopoaedic implants. She was also a Laboratory Manager and worked with the production team to ensure that processes were efficient and quality products were manufactured.
During her employment at Perplas Medical, Cherryl’s research on the cross-linking of polymers for orthopoedic implants was published and presented at the Society of Materials Conference in 2002.
In 2006, Cherryl changed careers and became a Primary School Teacher.