|Department:||Secondary and Further Education|
|Current position:||Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA)|
|Location:||Ormskirk Main Campus, Faculty of Education|
Anna has taught on the following courses at Edge Hill University:
- PGCE Further Education and Training
- PGCE Secondary Music
- UG Secondary Education (SUG3001)
- BA(Hons) Music (Education module)
Anna has also sat on the MA in Education ethics panel.
- PGCert Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (2017, Edge Hill University)
- MA in Education (2012, University of Wolverhampton)
- Aston Diploma in Psychology (2011, Aston University)
- QTS Secondary Music (2009)
- PGCE Secondary Music Education with Specialist Instrumental Teaching (2008, Manchester Metropolitan University and Royal Northern College of Music)
Anna is a Postgraduate Researcher based within the department of Secondary and Further Education. Her PhD research is focused upon how the Musical Futures model of informal learning is understood, experienced and implemented in secondary school music lessons.
Anna has worked as a secondary school music teacher and Acting Head of Department prior to joining Edge Hill University.
Interests & Achievements:
Qualitive research methods
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- The British Psychological Society, Psychology of Education Section: Negotiating the PhD Journey. 31 January 2018. Manchester.
- Student Representative on the Faculty Research Committee, Edge Hill University, 2016-2017.
- Musical Futures: Music Learning Revolution, 18 October 2016. Manchester.
- NCCPE Training: Quality Public Engagement, 14 June 2016. Edge Hill University.
- Musical Futures: Music Learning Revolution, 23 October 2015. London.
- Music Education
- Informal Learning
- Ethical Considerations
- Case Studies
- Linking theory with practice
Educational Research Academic Study group (ERAS), Faculty of Education, Edge Hill University
CUMMINS, D., MARIGUDDI, A. and WEIR, S., 2017. ‘It’s not about me’: teaching music in a Secondary school. In: T. CAIN and J. CURSLEY, eds. Teaching Music Differently: Case Studies of Inspiring Pedagogies. Oxon: Routledge. pp. 116-130.
Knowledge Transfer and Enterprise:
MARIGUDDI, A., 2016. Getting over the gap: How can researchers and practitioners work together? In: SOLSTICE and Centre for Learning and Teaching 10th Annual Conference, 9-10 June 2016. Edge Hill University.
- MARIGUDDI, A., 2019. Informal learning: The Musical Future? In: Research in Music Education, 24 April 2019. Bath Spa University.
- MARIGUDDI, A., 2018. Co-researching with teachers: a socially just approach. In: Annual Conference for Research in Education, 27 September 2018. Edge Hill University.
- MARIGUDDI, A., 2017. Ethical enigmas: co-researching with teachers. In: Annual Conference for Research in Education, 10 July 2017. Edge Hill University.
- MARIGUDDI, A., 2016. In at the deep end with informal learning: the Musical Future? In: Annual Conference for Research in Education, 13 July 2016. Edge Hill University.
PhD research project (in progress):
Perceptions of Musical Futures in secondary school music lessons (informal learning).
PGCTHE research project (completed in 2017):
Perceptions of the research – practice phenomenon: a case study of a secondary Postgraduate Certificate in Education course.