As we approach the return of Edge Hill Sport Gymnastics Club, Edge Hill Sport is following guidance from various agencies to provide the Gymnastics Club. These agencies include the UK Government, Sport England, British Gymnastics as well as Edge Hill University amongst others.
Following this guidance, Edge Hill Sport risk assesses and produces guidelines specifically for the club activity. In certain circumstances Edge Hill Sport may introduce more stringent measures to ensure the safety of participants, staff and other users.
Summary of guidelines to attend the Gymnastics Club
- Do not attend the centre if you or anyone in the household has any Covid-19 Symptoms or has had a recent positive Covid-19 test (within last 11 days).
- Inform Edge Hill Sport if the Gymnasts or anyone attending the facility subsequently (within next 2 full days) has any Covid-19 symptoms or a positive Covid-19 test.
- Adhere to the 2-metre social distancing within the facility
- Adhere to the one-way system within the Wilson Gym
- Gymnast to come “gym ready” as access to changing facilities will be limited however toilet facilities will remain open.
- Use hands sanitiser (or wash hands) prior to, during and after the session.
- All over 16’s must also use the QR code for the NHS Test and Trace service.
- Please provide a bag for personal belongings and clearly label any drinks bottles used.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will there be additional cleaning?
Will all equipment / apparatus be available?
Can the Gymnastics Coaches spot / provide support?
What skills will be undertaken?
What is the maximum class size?
Gymnasts will only be able to attend the class they are invited to. Once the block has started and gymnasts have been allocated their class, they will remain in that class time for the duration of the block.