Please see below information updates from Edge Hill Sport in relation to the Coronavirus pandemic.
10 July 2020
We’re delighted that the Government has announced that gyms and leisure centres can reopen on 25 July 2020 and we can’t wait to welcome our customers back when it is safe to do so.
As our facilities are located within a campus-based University, our approach to re-opening is going to be a little different to the wider sport and leisure sector as we have a lot of other factors to take into account.
Currently, planning is well underway on the basis that the University will be able to re-open the campus safely for students at the beginning of the academic year (end of September), which means respecting social distancing and other Government guidelines.
In light of these plans, the University is taking a phased approach to reopening the campus over the summer, which means that the Sports Centre will not reopen when the leisure sector is able to do so.
In preparation, we’ve redefined our cleaning regimes and safety standards in anticipation. When you come back, you’ll also notice the workout areas will look a little different, but you’ll still get everything you need for a great workout.
Please be assured that we are very keen to re-open as soon as possible in line with the University’s phased re-opening and will keep you informed of these plans and what it means for you.
We thank you for your continued patience during this time and look forward to seeing you in person soon.
18 March 2020
Following further government advice Edge Hill Sport closed with effect from Friday 20 March 2020 until further notice. Please bear with us at this time and we will provide additional information in due course.
COVID-19 update Information for customers with current paid memberships
As your health, welfare and safety is our number one priority, we are following the Government’s latest guidance to ensure people stay at home and only go outside for food, health reasons or essential work.
While Edge Hill Sport followed advice and closed its doors on 20 March 2020 until further notice, our prime focus is to keep everyone active in these uncertain times. If you haven’t already done so, we encourage you to follow us on Facebook and Instagram to see our workout routines you can all do at home so that you can continue to stay fit and healthy and observe the Government’s advice.
Regarding your membership, we are offering the following options:
- Current 1st and 2nd year Annual Student members will receive a discounted price on next year’s annual membership, and this will be applied pro rata to cover the period of the closure, which is yet to be determined based on Government advice.
- Current 3rd year Annual Student members who are no longer studying at the University will be eligible for a refund if the Centre hasn’t reopened when they finish their studies. This will be applied pro rata from the closure date.
- Student members who have purchased a 3-Month membership will have their membership extended.
- There is no need to cancel any Direct Debit instructions as all Direct Debits have now been frozen from the date of closure therefore no further payments will be taken until we reopen. We will inform you when payments are due to restart.
- All Annual Community memberships will be extended to cover the time of closure.
We can assure you that any refunds/extensions to memberships will be applied once the Centre reopens.
If you need more information, don’t hesitate to get in touch by emailing email@example.com. Please note that we will endeavour to respond as quickly as we can but given the current situation there may be a delay, so please bear with us.
Do keep checking our website which we’ll keep up to date for further information.
Stay home, stay safe, save lives.