As we approach the return of Edge Hill Sport Gymnastics Club and the Trampoline lessons, Edge Hill Sport is following guidance from various agencies to provide the Gymnastics Club. These agencies include the UK Government, Sport England, British Gymnastics as well as Edge Hill University amongst others.
Following this guidance, Edge Hill Sport risk assesses and produces guidelines specifically for the club activity. In certain circumstances Edge Hill Sport may introduce more stringent measures to ensure the safety of participants, staff and other users.
Summary of guidelines to attend the Gymnastics Club and Trampoline Lessons
- Do not attend the centre if you or anyone in the household has any Covid-19 Symptoms or has had a recent positive Covid-19 test (within last 11 days).
- Inform Edge Hill Sport if the Gymnasts or anyone attending the facility subsequently (within next 2 full days) has any Covid-19 symptoms or a positive Covid-19 test.
- Adhere to the 2-metre social distancing within the facility
- Adhere to the one-way system within the Wilson Gym
- Gymnast to come “gym ready” as access to changing facilities will be limited however toilet facilities will remain open.
- Use hands sanitiser (or wash hands) prior to, during and after the session.
- All over 16’s must also use the QR code for the NHS Test and Trace service.
- Please provide a bag for personal belongings and clearly label any drinks bottles used.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will there be additional cleaning?
Will all equipment / apparatus be available?
Can the Gymnastics Coaches spot / provide support?
What skills will be undertaken?
What is the maximum class size?
Gymnasts will only be able to attend the class they are invited to. Once the block has started and gymnasts have been allocated their class, they will remain in that class time for the duration of the block.
How long will the classes be?
Initially to aid the class structure and part of the phased reintroduction to gymnastics lesson will be of 75 minutes duration. To avoid crossover of gymnasts with different class times, class start times will be staggered.
Initially to aid the class structure and part of the phased reintroduction to trampoline lessons will be of 60 minutes duration. To avoid crossover of gymnasts with different class times, class start times will be staggered.
Will there be hand sanitiser available?
Where will the gymnasts be dropped off from and collected from?
We are asking for parents to drop off their gymnast at the usual entrance of the facility prior to the start of the session (Point A on the Edge Hill Sport Gymnastics Club Campus Map). To aid a one-way system, collection will be from the fire exit point (point B on the Edge Hill Sport Gymnastics Club Campus Map). This is access from the Durning Centre side of the Wilson Building and using the ramps to the outside of the fire exit. Please remember to social distance whilst waiting to collect your gymnast.
Trampolinists will be dropped of at the usual entrance prior to the start of the lessons (Point A on the Edge Hill Sport Gymnastics Club Campus Map). Due to the class capacity limit in trampoline lessons being lower collection will be from the same point.