1. When will you reopen?
As our facilities are located within a campus-based University, our approach to re-opening is going to be a little different to the wider sport and leisure sector as we have a lot of other factors to take into account.
2. What will happen to my membership?
• Once a reopening date is finalised, we will provide details on how this impacts memberships. However, be rest assured as a minimum your membership will be covered for all days already purchased.
• For our Direct Debit members, we will inform you when these will be reinstated.
3. What activities will be available?
Fitness suite – no booking required
Group excericse classes – Pre-Booking required
Swimming pool – Pre-Booking required and only over 16’s to attend due to lane swimming
Sports hall to allow badminton and table tennis
3G cages, All weather pitch and 3G pitch for casual bookings
Track open – Please ring site to book on 01695 584745
All Changing rooms and showers
We will have to limit the numbers in facility areas and restrict access at times in the short term, with booking processes in place. We will constantly review this in line with Government and Public Health guidance.
4. How will you keep the users and staff safe?
• One-way directional signs to help you move around and maintain social distancing.
• Pre-booking your swim/ class session online in advance to maintain social distancing. You can do this by visiting our Online Bookings. The online booking system is now open. Please visit our ‘How to’ guide of how to book your session once its live.
• Fitness equipment rearranged so you can be assured that you are working out safely.
• More robust cleaning procedures in the Sport Centre in line with official guidelines and cleaning breaks in the activity programmes to ensure our teams can clean spaces without customers in the area.
• Regular cleaning of high traffic areas and touch surfaces will be throughout the day.
• New cleaning stations and hand sanitisation units.
• Customers asked to clean down equipment after use to help us maintain cleaning standards.
• Operating a cashless payment process.
In line with government guidance, if you are showing any of the symptoms for Covid-19, please refrain from coming to the centre.
5. Will there be group exercise classes?
• Additional ‘virtual’ classes’ will be live streamed, for you to undertake in the comfort of your own home.
• Access to our new Technogym On Demand via the Technogym App. This will include over 100 fitness work out videos along with our own classes.
• All equipment will be wiped and hygienically clean before you use it.
• Music levels will be kept lower than normal.
6. What to expect if I want to go swimming?
• Students and staff will be able to book up to 7 days in advance.
• Community members will be able to book up to 7 days in advance.
• The pool will be mostly lane swimming with extra wide lanes. Each lane will have a limited amount of bathers.
• All sessions are 60 minutes in duration.
• Access to the poolside changing rooms will be available 15 minutes before your session starts.
• The wetside Changing rooms, toilets, cubicles and lockers will be available. Hairdryers and hair straightener’s will not be available.
• All showers to reopen from the 19th July
• Please keep to the booking times by turning up on time, leaving no later than 15 minutes after your session finishes.
• Cancel your session 2 hours or more in advance if you can’t attend. Arrears will be incurred for non-cancellations and no-shows.
• Please bring your own swimming aid or kickboards or any equipment you might need for your swim as equipment will not be available to borrow.
7. What are the opening times?
8. Will there be changing facilities available?
9. Will Personal training still be available?
• We will be offering individual consultation sessions for advice and new workout sessions.
• We will be placing challenges on to the Technogym app to aid you with all your fitness needs.
• Access to our new Technogym On Demand via the Technogym App. This includes over 100 fitness work out videos along with our own classes.
10. Will I be able to use the drinking fountains?
11. Will the health suite be open?
• We will closely monitor and update accordingly.
12. When can the University student sports clubs start playing?
• Each National Governing Body must first provide a government approved statement before we can introduce them back into our University programme.
• British University and Colleges Sport (BUCS) have decided that inter-University informal leagues will only take place in certain sports for 2021 however but we expect most sports to return to play at some point during the this term.