Here at Edge Hill Sport we have our own General Gymnastics Club. Classes are available for boys and girls aged 5-15yrs. Basic gymnastics skills and trampoline are taught in a fun, friendly and safe environment with qualified and experienced coaches with up to 16 children per coach. General gymnastics sessions are non-competitive and designed to allow the children to express a variety of movements using strength, technique and their own individual personalities.
Children will work towards the British Gymnastics award scheme and earn badges and certificates on achieving the set criteria for each level. Children are assessed continuously and moved to the most suitable class for their ability.
Lessons are structured to enable gymnasts to build confidence whilst working towards improving style, ability and techniques on various pieces of apparatus and the floor which will invariably require repetition of fundamental skills.
It is hoped that all participants will improve through the programme of lessons, however the speed of progress cannot be guaranteed, as all learners are individuals with their own ability and experience.
Pre-booking is essential as places are limited.
Class Times and Abilities
|Saturday||9.30 - 11.00||Beginners|
|Saturday||11.00 - 12.30||Intermediate|
|Saturday||13.00 - 14.30||Advanced|
Descriptions of Classes
- Beginners-In this class the children are developing basic motor skills including co-ordination balance and stability and aesthetic awareness.
- Intermediates – Continuing work on their basic gymnastics skills and movements as a strong base to build more technically advanced moves. This is also a time to develop confidence and realisation of their potential and individual ability.
- Advanced – Having developed their basic skills to a suitable level; gymnasts are now ready to build upon this with further advanced skills appropriate to the individual’s ability.
- £6.00 per session payable for the whole block at the time of booking.
Edge Hill Sport Gymnastics Club Membership
- £5.00 for Edge Hill Sport Gymnastics Club Membership (an annual membership valid until September each year).
British Gymnastics Membership
- Being a member of our club also requires a valid membership with British Gymnastics, the national governing body for gymnastics in the UK. You can purchase this directly from British Gymnastics through their website (https://www.british-gymnastics.org/membership). Memberships expire on 30 September each year and will cost a minimum £17.00 for 2018/19 membership year.
- Additional information that maybe requested include Edge Hill Sport delivers General Gymnastics and the membership type is Gymnast.
- If you have any issues paying the British Gymnastics membership fees please initially contact British Gymnastics, however please do not hesitate to contact me if required.
Apparatus used in sessions
- Tumble Strip
- Horse (for male gymnasts)
- Beam (various heights)
- Trampoline (not every session)
|Block||Start Date||No of Weeks||Finish Date||Price per block||Dates NOT Running|
|Block 3 February 2020||01-Feb-20||10||04-Apr-20||£64.00||01-Feb-20;
|Block 4 April 2020||11-Apr-20||10||13-Jun-20||£62.00|
|Block 5 June 2020||20-Jun-20||11||29-Aug-20||£68.20|
Lessons will normally take place in the Wilson Gymnasium in the Wilson building, but will move to the Sports Hall for a number of weeks during exam periods in January, May and August.
How to enrol your child
All new participants are entitled to try our lessons by paying for two lessons before commiting to a course of lessons. See here for procedure.
To enrol your child on our activities please contact Edge Hill Sport.
Rules of the Club
As a BG registered club, the Gymnastics Club adopts a set of rules that must be followed by all club members: